Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

ATT Wireless 2.5 GPRS deployment

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by KevinJames, Oct 9, 2001.

1. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

3. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Thanks Peter. Finally, an ATT rep here. I've seen everything else but that. Great to have you here. Now join up as a regular, please.

4. Kirby

Kirby New Member

Att Rep.....is there a E-mail address for you?

5. josh

josh New Member

6. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Hi Josh, I have several other concept phone links on one of my webpages: http://whitehare.topcities.com/WirelessPhones.htm

By the way, although I'm not a great speller or grammarian myself:
    "some," not "soom"
    In the context of your post: "you're" not "your"
    "concept" not "consept"
    I wouldn't have normally mentioned it except that you mentioned representing your company.

7. josh

josh New Member

Thanks Kevin, excuse my grammar. That's what happens when your doing ten
    things at once. I took a look at your WebPages, and there is allot of useful
    information regarding wireless service and wireless providers for those
    existing customers and for the new customers that do not know where to start.

Great site,

josh

8. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Josh:

Now I really feel bad about being such an (expletive deleted). I should have figured you were juggling a dozen things at once. I remember being an operator for a RBOC. (Is that the right term? Regional Bell Operating Company. It doesn't look right, now that I type it out.)

By the way, thanks for the compliment on my website. I'm not much into "pretty" but I do try to make it informative.

9. mainfraim

mainfraim New Member

Hey Josh, you're an AT&T rep. Wonderful. I have a question that's a little off topic. My family has been an AT&T member since 1990 and we carry like 5 or 6 phones with you guys. I have a personal phone that doesn't work in Southern Cali because I'm at school and the school has banned cell phone towers on campus. I love AT&T but I'm not about to pay $40 a month for a voice mail service (that's all I get is voice mail). I've called AT&T but they won't do anything for me about my service contract agreement (that is there only because of a new phone purchase) in place until August of '02. Is there any procedure for this, or anything you can do for me? Or any ideas for that matter?

Thanks.

10. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Hi MainFraim,

I know you wrote Josh, but I hope you don't mind other's input.

Have you tried asking for a temporary suspension of the account. I heard of this only once before and I don't know all the circumstances around it, but the subscriber I'm thinking of said that ATT agreed to something like a 2- or 3-month suspension (no bill, no service). I think it required a signed agreement that the suspension would only be offered one time and would not negate the terms of the contract. If this is still a valid "procedure" (as you called it) it might be one avenue.

When you speak to them have the main account holder on the phone with you (I got the sense this was a family plan of some sort with your dad as main subscriber) and make the rep aware of all the other lines involved. This might help them appreciate your committment to stay with ATT. (If it is that there are 6 separate accounts with multi-family units, it won't be as a strong an agrument unless they all call and threaten to cancel, but that would be like shooting yourself in the foot.)

Kev

11. josh

josh New Member

Yes MainFraim,

As far as the agreement goes, there's nothing I can do for you (you had 30 day's to return the phone). Now another option you could do is suspend the service for vacational or seasonal purposes kind of like what KevinJames was explaining(no bill, no service). This does "not require" a service extension but your original verbal agreement does not continue while you are suspended. This suspension can last up to 180 day's or 6 months, which ever comes first. You can do this once every year.I also would not recommend to call in and threaten to cancel all services, this sometimes might backfire because you may receive a rep that was not trained sufficiently, or is brand-new and might me intimidated by the call and cancel all the services right there and not offer the suspend procedure. If you want to leave your phone # and email address I can take a look at your account and see what I can do for you, and then get back with you.

josh