Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

ATT/Verizon

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by sylviecat, Jul 26, 2002.

1. sylviecat

sylviecat New Member

My Phone:
    motorola v60
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATTWS, soon to be VZW
    [​IMG] Hi, I am trying to pick a plan/phone for the first time. I live in the NJ/metro area, and ATT's regional coverage is pretty exactly my usual travelling circumference, and it covers all of Maine (where I travel to usually twice/year), at least according to the map! Amazon has a really good deal on the Motorola V60t w/ ATT--my dream phone----I have been researching this for months now. But epinions totally trashes ATT. This forum doesn't seem too happy with it....Verizon as some good deals, Maine coverage only up to Portland, and no special pricing on their V60; the rest of their phone choices aren't very exciting to me. Would use the phone mostly for travel, and for N &W free minutes to call family/friends in: NY State, CT, NJ

Is everyone here totally against ATT, or does the combo of ATT/really good phone (V60) make it worth while.
    Thanks for the advice

2. EasyE

EasyE Junior Member

Verizon IS the best total coverage around, especially in the northeast.

America's Choice now DOES include nearly all of Maine, accoring to their price plan insert "AC GEN 0402" (April, 2002):

--- These cities are now included in the America's Choice Rate Area:

Maine

<u>Aroostook Co:</u> Caribou, Linestone, Presque Isle
    <u>Franklin Co:</u> Farmington
    <u>Hancock Co:</u> Bar Harbor, Bucksport, Gouldsboro, SW Harbor
    <u>Kennebec Co:</u> Augusta, Gardiner, Oakland, Waterville, Winslow, Winthrop
    <u>Knox Co:</u> Rockland
    <u>Lincoln Co:</u> Boothbay, Jefferson, Newcastle, Waldoboro, Whitefield
    <u>Oxford Co:</u> Rumford
    <u>Penobscot Co:</u> Bangor, Brewer, Millinocket, Old Town, Orono
    <u>Piscataquis Co:</u> Brownville, Greenville, Guilford, Shirley
    <u>Somerset Co:</u> Fairfield
    <u>Waldo Co:</u> Belfast
    <u>Washington Co:</u> Baileyville, Calais, Eastport, Ellsworth, Machias
    <u>York Co: Biddeford, York, Kittery, Saco, Sanford

They also filled in the HUGE gap extending from Franklin COunty MA, up through southern Vermont & New Hampshire, and all the way up NH to the top of Coos County.

It also added CLinton & Franklin Counties in upstate NY near Lake Champlain & the Canadian border.

GO WITH VERIZON!!!

3. tompug

tompug Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung X-427
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular, T-mobile, Verizon
    EasyE, I couldn;t agree with you more about Verizons coverage in the northeast. Verizon is the best in Rhode Island and voicescream is the worst .

4. Mooby

Mooby Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS, Prior-Verizon FreeUp
    Verizon has fantastic coverage in Connecticut as well. They seem to be the best in New England in my experience with Sprint being a close second.

5. ruddy64

ruddy64 Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Whatever works for ME!!!
    I have AT&T for five years now and their Digital Local plan is great.I traveled to Main ,Pa, Ct and NJ and never had any problems or roaming charges. Verizon maybe the best all around service but in the Northeast AT&T Local Digital will give you coverage equal or better (my opinion) than Vz.

6. SweetBoXx

SweetBoXx Junior Member

I'm in Hammonton area NJ ( Winslow Twp) to be exact and ATT states they are not in my area yet, although 2 miles down the road in Folsom, they have a tower. Strange they can't let us use it, right?? We haven't been able to get service in 5 years here or more. I have been complaining to AT&T for at least that long. Anyhow, my hubby somehow has it through the Taj Majal where he works, and he has really crappy reception. Verizon has the best reception around here, but I think it's all in the type of phone you have. When I just switched to the V66 Motorola with my Voicestream, I begain getting instant on signals and clear as a bell reception. Same for the nextel when I switched to the i60c Motorola. The only let downs are when you are out in the country you can't get a signal.

7. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Sweetboxx

The i60????

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. MVL

MVL New Member

Don't foget that Verizon offers the v60c phone, nearly identical (user-wise) to the V60t.

And I agree, Verizon is a better service in the northeast.

-MVL

9. skadoo323

skadoo323 Junior Member

if you are considering wireless web, I know that the AT&T motorola v60's dont have a web browser but verizon's v60 phones do have a browser