Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

ATT problems on Boston's North Shore??

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi,

We just switched to ATT from Worldcom ( I know billing sucks) but the ATT coverage is not living up to what its supposed to be and its worse than the Worldcom coverage (whose service uses the ATT system). We picked up the same phone, Nokia 5265. Has anyone out there had coverage problems in the Hamilton, Ipswich and Manchester area. Is there any chance that the phone could be "bad".

Thanks for your help!

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I think your reception with AT&T will be similar no matter what phone you use. AT&T in Massachusetts uses the 1900 Mhz frequency band which does not carry as far as the 800 Mhz carriers do, especially in more rural areas. The 800 Mhz carriers, Cingular and Verizon should work best in that area. I have used Cingular in that area, they cover it well.

3. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    If your WorldCom account was indeed on ATT, there is no way your service can be better or worse. It would have to be exactly the same.

If the phone was dropped the antenna's performance could be impacted.

I don't have personal knowledge of the areas you are mobile in, but ATT offers a 30-day cancellation period.