Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

att phones

Discussion in 'AT&T Wireless Forum' started by madfinn, Nov 15, 2010.

1. madfinn

madfinn New Member

My Phone:
    lg tritan
    Wireless Provider(s):
    altell?
    att took over altell in montana some time next year, they want me to settle for a cheaper phone then I have now. Paid $495.00 but they dont consider my phone and wifes phone smart phone thru Att policy, want a rip, cpmplained and e-mailed, no response, probaly go with verizon whrn all done. thank you madfinn:)

2. madfinn

madfinn New Member

My Phone:
    lg tritan
    Wireless Provider(s):
    altell?
    Att dont even response loL

#2 madfinn, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  3. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 27 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    The Tritan is not a smartphone. It's considered an "enhanced" phone, slotted between a regular phone and a smartphone.

The phone has a full HTML browser, like a smartphone, but is limited in all other areas (because of LG's user interface).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. madfinn

madfinn New Member

My Phone:
    lg tritan
    Wireless Provider(s):
    altell?
    Well it all the apps on it so I consider it a smart phone, it was the best alltel had at the moment to buy

5. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 27 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)

You may think the Triton's a smartphone, but that does not officially make it one, specifically in your assertion AT&T should give you a comparable "smartphone". Apps are available to the phone in a limited capacity and only from the carrier itself. It's not considered a smartphone by Alltel, AT&T or any other carrier, which is why AT&T did not offer you a smartphone exchange in the first place.

If you switch to Verizon, you'll still end up having to pay up to $100 (or more) for a phone comparable to the Triton. If you want a smartphone, prepare to pay up to $200 (or more) for a really good one (unless there is a special going on, available to everyone).

Unless you get a feature phone nearing its end of life will you get it for free (or at a substantial discount). Phones comparable to the Tritan don't come for free otherwise.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. madfinn

madfinn New Member

My Phone:
    lg tritan
    Wireless Provider(s):
    altell?
    Buy your phones at amazon cheaper and free shipping with plans avaiable

Do not buy from dealers go to cell phone sites like amazon and wirefly

#6 madfinn, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2010