Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

ATT or Verizon in Hartford, CT

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by jusdozin, Feb 2, 2002.

1. jusdozin

jusdozin New Member

Hope somebody can help. I'm moving to a small town near Hartford, CT. Which carrier has better reception in the rural areas, Verizon or ATT. I already have ATT but am not adverse to switching. Anyone in CT have ATT that can tell me about it. I have a Motorola V60t. Thanks for any advice or help.

2. SirIsaacNewton

SirIsaacNewton New Member

Do not, I repeat, do not, even consider ATT for Connecticut unless you live in Litchfield County. Since you said Hartford, I assume you are NOT in Litchfield County (Which is west of Hartford and contains such towns as Torrington, ....)
    The best service throughout CT is Verizon. They do not support the v60t. You would need to switch phones (the v60c if you like the phone itself)
    See the other thread in this section about cell service in CT.

However, since you already have ATT service, you might consider switching it to CT until the plan expires. It will give you an idea of what their service is like and ATT allows you to change location (ie phone number) without hassle if your new billing address is in an ATT service area. If they require you to renew/extend your plan, you might just want to keep using it without changing the number or address until you see what the service is like.

PS: I have previously had ATT service in CT. I now have Verizon. Believe me! You don't want ATT.... The difference is amazing. For one thing, Verizon works!

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Att is still building the network in Ct, Verizon doen`t own a licence for litchield county, so they don`t cover the state completely but the service is great on the rest of the state. Cingular and Nextel are my top picks, Cingular if you don`t plan to travel a lot, and Nextel if you don`t plan to travel in northern new england.