Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

ATT Best in California

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by KevinJames, Oct 3, 2001.

1. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Well here's a topic that's bound to cause some discussion.

According to the JDPower report, ATT is the best in the West (Calif).
    It was voted best in: Sacramento, San Francisco, Los Angeles.

And what about the company with "the most installed base and largest wireless company," (aka Verizon)? Oh, it was voted best for San Diego. Hummm, looks like Verizon's customer satisfaction is lacking in most California markets. Maybe they need to stop resting on their laurels and get busy.

Now if only ATT would intro some more interesting phones with voice dialing and a few other features found in Verizon, they just might boot Verizon outta here. But then again, competition is good -- It makes ATT look that much better.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Isn't it true that AT&T did not even build most of their CA markets themselves but aquired them recently from GTE, LA Cellular, and Cellular ONE?

3. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Kevin,

I can't dispute the fact that AT&T seems to have cleaned house with those California awards but they are certainly lagging in adding new customers as compared with others like Cingular and Sprint and I say their poor selection of phones has a lot to do with it.

4. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    In response to "Annonymous"

And you point is?

<u>If</u> your point is that some other company has built their own network (ie Sprint), that is not true. Sprint has also taken the acquisitions road. &quot;Larry&quot; (Sprint advocate) has offered several examples of that.

With regards to ATT's acquisitions: They have made a smoother integration of it than has Verizon. Verizon's roaming problems are well known. In contrast, I have been all over this beautiful land and have never had a roaming issue.

5. Untitled1

Untitled1 New Member

I don't know of any carrier now that did not acquire other companies to build their coverage. AT&amp;T and Verizon are probably the best 2 here in GA; that's because both rely on other companies cell towers to fill in their coverage gaps. No matter where you go, there's usually service.

6. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    The only purchase from another company that Sprint has ever made was the PrimeCo buy out in Hawaii back in 1999. Other than that Sprint has built everything by themselves. They sold off their original GSM network in Wash. DC to VoiceStream in 2000.

7. ILVLA2

ILVLA2 Member

Verizon is in my opinion the best wireless company in California. I have also used US Cellular, PacBell PCS, Contel, GTE, and Commnet, and Verizon is by far the best company I have ever dealt with. AT&amp;T is not applicable to Northwest California, as they do not cover north of Sonoma County. But there is a new PCS company who is part of AT&amp;T here now, Edge Wireless. I have yet to hear comments on them yet.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I saw that Forbes.com had AT&amp;T ranked #1 in Wireless Companies....

9. Guest

Guest Guest

reply above is LEAH again...didnt take the time to login...sorry

10. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    This logging in thing can be a pain. Is there some way to remain logged in all day?

11. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Hi Larry, to remain logged in, just click the &quot;remember my logon&quot; (or something like that) on the logon screen.

By the way, I like the icon you chose for yourself. Sprint and Space Alien, Space Alien and Sprint. Hummm, somehow it just seems like a wonderful match. Just kidding.

12. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Thanks Kevin, I did figure that out right after I made that post.

13. Tony

Tony Junior Member

I have some bad news for those of us relying on JD Power and Associates ratings for quality of service.

I have learned that services have to have a certain subscription base to qualify for the J D Power and Associates award for each market they survey. Which should include all major carriers, right? Unfortunately not. I live in Dallas, and Verizon didn't have enough subscribers to qualify to be in the running. Does anyone mind finding out what the qualification is to be eligible for the award? (I mean, number of subscribers, and whatever additional.)

14. Guest

Guest Guest

I tried ATT in SAN recently and had no problems until I turned off of a freeway. e.g.Leaving the 805 and heading east the service becomes so poor that I can tell when someone I am talking with turns off the freeway. Poor then, especially, near Chula Vista/Eastlake Area.