Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Atlanta, GA VERIZON or SPRINT, help please..

Discussion in 'Southern US Wireless Forum' started by joncrx, Apr 3, 2008.

1. sirwood

sirwood New Member

My Phone:
    htc mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    sprint , att
    i work for a currier service and i travel all over ga,tn, fl, al , and sprint literally has more coverage than att , i had lost coverage with sprint briefly in the tennesse mountains once but regained it back after a few seconds , this is the only issue ive had that i can recall , but with att i cant count the times , now this may sound bais or prejudis but i havent had good reception in minority neigborhoods , we were literally going to start a web site bashing the cell service trying to get ansers why the bars drop in certain neigborhoods in atlanta , now im not discredit or slander att
    we just want the phone to work all over like the advertizing says in there commercials

forgive the misspells and incomplete sentences im on my mogul and dont have the time to proof read im at my desitination

#31 sirwood, May 6, 2008
    Last edited: May 6, 2008
  2. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Hmmm... Each carrier has its weak spots. I have had AT&T a few years ago in minority neighborhoods in the city and haven't had any issues... My mom used to stay in Vine City and I went all over Atlanta with no issues. My friend's mother has AT&T now and she stays near West End and she hasn't had any complaints with them thus far. I have Verizon and my service in the inner city has been stellar. Only had 2 spots where the signal was low but there weren't any dropped calls or no service indicators... One was in East Point on Washington Road between Main Street and Camp Creek Parkway and the other was in Decatur on Glenwood Rd and Columbia Drive. If AT&T is not working for you, just leave... Most of the companies provide decent service up there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sirwood

sirwood New Member

My Phone:
    htc mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    sprint , att

well ive been with att since 94 , yes ,since 1994 , they started out as bellsouth mobility then in the late 90's when to att then went to cingular now back to att , well the reason we i havent left att is because i didnt want to loose my number, (prior to the mobil portablility act) and since the portability att has always had snazzy phones so i never left but always kept sprint/nextel , im just a gadget freak

4. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    That makes 2 of us lol... I primarily use Verizon but I have prepaid lines with T-Mobile, Alltel, and soon to be AT&T. I had Sprint back in the day but dumped them over billing and customer service. Sprint is decent overall in Atlanta... I just have had better experiences with Verizon and I have be desire to cancel them yet. How is Nextel up there?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Sprint has really stepped it up in Atlanta in the past 2 or 3 years and have a decent network there now. Atlanta was one of their slow start markets and it took them a while to beef up coverage there.

6. sirwood

sirwood New Member

My Phone:
    htc mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    sprint , att
    to be honest nextel is crappy but far as the direct connect feature when you're in a good area it works like a charm so i suggest an hybrid phone so whens the chirps not working you can always depend on your sprint service to make a call , i was also about to leave sprint over billing issues also until they came up with this simply every thing plan , now i know for certain what my bill is going to be every month , im glad they did this cause i was tired of looking at my bill and have that WTF exspression on my face every month because of the charges LOL