Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

AT&T Wireless Svc works great!

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Jul 30, 2002.

1. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

at&t has issues in the ny/nj markets........but just recently in ohio on a camping trip i noticed most people had at&t and they were quite happy with them. also noticed posters in the western forum like the jedi master praising at&t in san fran.......obviously the ny metro market is a weaker one for at&t but no way to judge them nationwide. as judging sprint by atlanda and chicago is not a fair move either. etc. etc.

2. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    AT&T rules ! It has best coverage and great plans in OH. For example you get 500 anytime + 3000 N&W + LD + National Network roaming all for just $35/month. Not to mention a free V60t !

Depends upon what part of ohio and where you will be traveling. Have you ever used a at&T phone in say the mansfield area, wooster/orville, areas

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

where did you get the offer for a gree v60 phone? That'd be great!

4. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    That's right Idiot...it's just like when people judge Cingular because of California. However, I don't see what the problem is with AT&T in NJ. I guess the past is still in people's heads because they used to have many bad areas in NYC in the past. Right now, they are doing much better. It's just Queens that needs some work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. beowulf7

beowulf7 New Member

OK, I've finally registered. I was one of the anonymous posters. My sole post was the one that started "I've had AT&T for the past 3 years ..."

I'm not sure which anonymous posters bobolito was referring to. Without a doubt, my AT&T experience in NJ has been frustrating. My parents also had AT&T in Morris County and they went through about 3 phones. They also complained about service, so AT&T Wireless kept giving them phones to try. I had an old Ericsson (size and weight of a brick) before finally upgrading to my current Nokia.

As much as I like AT&T Wireless' customer service, their phones (Nokias), and the price (I get a monthly discount b/c of my employer's deal w/ AT&T), I've had enough. I got sick and tired of my friends and family telling me "What, can you say that again? You're breaking up." It's also embarrassing talking long distance on a choppy cell phone when trying to pick up a date.

Is the grass greener on the other side? I'll find out at the end of the month if I get Verizon.

6. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Sorry that your service is nothing but frustrating. However, every carrier in the US has some fringe areas and although these are relatively small areas in any particular market, if you just happen to move by constantly within these fringe areas, you will definitely not have a good experience with that carrier. Maybe AT&T is not for you then. Give Verizon a try.
    I am in NJ too and I move constantly between Passaic, Essex, Hudson and Bergen counties and I have very good coverage. Appatently, the story is different in Morris County.

7. ruddy64

ruddy64 Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Whatever works for ME!!!
    Monday August 05, 2002 11:24 PM (NEW!)

"hahaha just because AT&T just so happens to have a tower near your house DOES NOT mean it is by any means a good service provider. So you can keep spreading your lies and keep using your crappy carrier in that whole 2 block radius around your broken down trailer. "

First of all what he said about ATT is NOT a lie. Their service is very good just about everywhere. I live in NYC and it works for me, but if your "pony express" works for you in the bundags be happy and keep your mouth shut.

8. ruddy64

ruddy64 Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Whatever works for ME!!!
    "In reponse - that statement is misdirected. This is advice your mom would greatly benefit from."

Listen hillbilly, maybe your wife/sister will beneft from that advice even more.

9. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Ok guys, we need to cool down and behave more productively.

10. ruddy64

ruddy64 Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Whatever works for ME!!!
    I'm sorry it got out of hands and away from the real point of the discussion.

11. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Ok guys, you have proven to be uncooperative so I am locking this thread.