Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

AT&T Wireless Svc works great!

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

AT&T Wireless Svc works great!

I just switched to AT&T wireless service. I bought the motorola v60o phone. Kinda pricey but it works great. AT&T has been the only service provider able to offer FULL service in my home. I have 4 bars through most of the house.. lowest one was 3 bars. For those who live in the BUrke, VA - coverage is great. Just though I'd share my experience.

2. SprintTechRep

SprintTechRep Senior Member

WOW! i never thought i would see the day someone puts "AT&T" with "good". he..he glad you are enjoying your service [​IMG]

3. ruddy64

ruddy64 Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Whatever works for ME!!!
    Well, I'll go a little further: AT&T IS GREAT in NYC.

4. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    WOW!!!!

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    AT&T has many happy users and is a good company.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I bet your house is right next to ATT cell tower to get a full bar signal strentgh.

7. ruddy64

ruddy64 Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Whatever works for ME!!!
    He does not get full reception. On V60's full signal is 5 bars.

8. SprintTechRep

they disguise towers as either flagpoles or windmills to make it blend in. Notice any of those right in your backyard? he..he

9. RichXKU

RichXKU Once had +5 dBm RSSI

My Phone:
    Motorola i870
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Nextel
    LOL Yeah, I like how AT&T gets creative with some of their sites. It balances out their sites which stick out like a sore thumb. [​IMG]

Oh yes, and I am a happy AT&T TDMA customer (from Sprint no less) because of thier excellent Boonie-coverage.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Ruddy64, I am sorry if I seem a bit surprised from your statement but...are you serious when you say AT&T is great in NYC? or are you being sarcastic? I mean, they are great in NJ, but I can tell you from my own experience in NYC it is a different story. So far, you are the first person to say AT&T is great in NYC. I just hope you are joking.

RichXKU, love your icon...[​IMG]

11. Joe0378

Joe0378 Senior Member

I live in New York City (I live in Staten Island) and AT&T service is horrible. I had them many years ago and they were bad. A few of my friends have them now and are changing to Verizon soon bc AT&T is so horrible.

12. SprintTechRep

AT&T is the worse, they should be shut down.

13. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    LOL!...they are not that bad either, but I don't think they are great.

14. ComicalMoodyDan

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Yeah so bad they won more JD Power awards then any other carrier, generally are ranked one of the best carriers, and have millions of happy customers.

15. SprintTechRep

did they really? where did you get that info from. This i gotta see for myself. This forum aside, I have NEVER met anyone who had anything good to say about AT&T. But I am primarily in NY state. So maybe they just suck here or something. Sprint has worked for me everywhere ive gone so far (florida, texas, virginia, connecticut etc). Sprints plan is so easy to understand, use your phone wherever you can pick up a sprint signal. Never had a single problem with sprints coverage. Except in my current apartment. But they built a new tower nearby, and after i upgraded to the sanyo 5150, I get full reception now. SPRINT FOR LIFE!

16. ComicalMoodyDan

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Yes, go to JD Powers website and take a look at last year's awards. AT&T Wireless won the most. It all just depends on where you live, I've tried Sprint PCS myself and its horrible down here. On the other hand SunCom which is a AT&T Wireless Affliate has excellent coverage in my local area.

17. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Well, I am just referring to NYC coverage. I remember it was very frustrating for me to drive with my phone in NYC because I used to get dropped calls all the time in the city but now they don't drop as much. I remember a few years ago people were talking about AT&T dropped calls in NYC all over TV and radio morning shows. They need to improve coverage specially in Queens as there's hardly any place I go there and get a signal indoors.

Since I use a TDMA phone I can speak for myself and I can tell where they lack coverage and where they are good. Since I live in NJ I am very satisfied with their network and wherever I go I am sure AT&T customers will have the same experience since both Cingular and AT&T share networks in most places in the US.

In the article "We Drop Calls" from News.com they clearly state"New York continues to be a challenge".
    TNDAN, I'd be surprised if AT&T has won any awards for NYC or have they?

18. tompug

tompug Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung X-427
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular, T-mobile, Verizon
    Anonymous; If your happy with your att coverage thats all that matters.

19. ruddy64

ruddy64 Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Whatever works for ME!!!
    I was not serious when I said "GREAT", but I am serious when I say that their service is far from horrible. Everywhere in NYC I needed it it worked fine. Maybe they like me more than anyone else. lol.

20. ComicalMoodyDan

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    AT&T's weakest market is proabely NYC but you can't base a entire company on one bad market. ALL the carriers out their have markets they excel in and markets they are poor in.

21. GJMOO7

GJMOO7 Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    [​IMG]AT&T has gotten much better sincethey seperated from AT&t Corp.Here in NYC,they use to be the worst
    carrier.I would alway's be the first one to bad mouth them.I was even involved in a class action law suit.
    However,AT&T Wireless has gotten much better in NYC.I just switched back to them because of the
    superior coverage.AT&T has been upgrading their TDMA network while building out their GSM network
    which is suppose to be launched in sept.I am using the Nokia 6360 which is an awesome phone.The signal and reception is excellent.I noticed that AT&T are installing new towers in places where they never
    had any towers at all.Even in New Rochelle,NY on the Hutchinson River Parkway in Westchester County
    where coverage is horrible for everyone,they installed a tower which now let's customers use their phone
    fom exit 16 to exit 20.All i can say is that forget what the company use to be like in the past.The past is the past.Look forward towards the future.I use to have Sprint PCS which is a very good company and i
    never had any major problems with them at all.However,sprint has been making some changes lately
    and i am nit happy with the changes.At least with AT&T,o do not have to worry about roaming charges
    since i am on the digital advantage plan.With sprint,i would be roaming in my home area of scarsdale,ny
    which is crazy.I own my own limousine company and i do a lot of driving around the tri-state area.I am happy to say that all my calls are going thru.Once in a while i will get a fast busy signal or i will get a
    voicemail message when i have full signal strength.Every carrier is going to have these small problems.
    No carrier is completely 100% perfect.I am using AT&T for myself while my wife and daughters are using
    sprint pcs.Anyway,AT&T has come a long way and hopefully they will gain their respect back from the
    public.

22. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    That's true GJM007. The Hutchinson Pkwy coverage is ok although there's a weak spot just north of the Cross County Pkwy. I've noticed some other weak areas in Larchmont. Pelham and New Rochelle are good because they are closer to the highway. They need to improve coverage in Queens as coverage is very limited there. Many weak spots in the BQE. However, Cross Bronx Expwy coverage is excellent because they have many sites right by the road. Around Manhattan I cannot complain. Indoor coverage is good. My phone used to have very good signal on the top level of the WTC twin towers.

23. GJMOO7

GJMOO7 Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    You are probably right bobolito.I have not taken noticed of that problem.I will be in that area tomorrow
    so i will check it out myself.I travel on the cross county pkwy every day,so i will pay more attention to it.
    The cross bronx expwy may be good but you will never catch me driving on that horrible hwy at any time
    of the day.As far as queens goes,i have some problems on the cross island pkwy as well on the LIE in
    elmhurst near LGA Airport.Also,how is the NJ Turnpike south towards the PA Turnpike?

24. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    In NJ AT&T is very good. They had some weak areas that they have corrected by putting more towers but they still have some weak areas in my town but not so bad as to make you drop a call. If you take any highway in NJ you will surely have full signal near 100% of the times. Coverage is by Cingular once you go south of NJ Turnpike exit 12. All along the turnpike coverage is excellent. Although the rest of NJ is 800Mhz, there's a point where AT&T built 1900Mhz coverage on the turnpike about exit 8 and south of that exit. I am not sure how much 1900Mhz coverage they have but is not much. The rest of Central and South Jersey is covered by Cingular.

25. RichXKU

RichXKU Once had +5 dBm RSSI

My Phone:
    Motorola i870
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Nextel
    Ditto what bobolito said. If you take the NJTPK from camden north AT&T is on 1900 A, when you get to middlesex county area, they go to 1900 E, then 800 a when you get near NYC area.

26. Guest

Guest Guest

AT&T rules ! It has best coverage and great plans in OH. For example you get 500 anytime + 3000 N&W + LD + National Network roaming all for just $35/month. Not to mention a free V60t !

Can anyone match ATT in pricing/coverage/quality ? I guess not at this time and probably not in future. They are spending tons of money on building next generation "quality" network.

I am yet to experience a dropped call in 25 hrs of talk time.

27. Guest

Guest Guest

hahaha just because AT&T just so happens to have a tower near your house DOES NOT mean it is by any means a good service provider. So you can keep spreading your lies and keep using your crappy carrier in that whole 2 block radius around your broken down trailer.

28. Guest

Guest Guest

YMMV by market . In Atlanta AT&T Wireless coverage is terrible .

29. Guest

Guest Guest

I've had AT&T for the past 3 years (a little more, in fact) and am not happy w/ it. From my apt. in South Jersey (Burlington County), I get horrible reception. That's the most important place a cell phone *should* work. Also, when I go to north Jersey (Morris County) to visit the folks, the signal sucks from their house and my friends' houses in the area. However, along the NJ Turnpike, coverage is pretty good, even by the PA Turnpike area.

Once my contract finishes at the end of this month, I think I'm going to jump ship and go to VZ Wireless, even though I'm not happy w/ their phones. I really like Nokia (I have the 8260), but VZ only carries 3285. The new 6200 series series Nokias look good, but are not supported by VZ. Maybe I'll get the LG. I want to avoid Motorola.

30. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    hahaha just because your AT&T phone just so happens to be defective DOES NOT mean it is by any means a bad service provider. So you
    can keep spreading your lies and keep using whatever your crappy carrier is in that whole 2 block radius that it works.

Sorry, just needed to make a few corrections to the anonymous poster above.