Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

AT&T Upgrading Network in Texas

Discussion in 'Southern US Wireless Forum' started by Ddeere2, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Ddeere2

Ddeere2 Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS 16Gb
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I read in the news that AT&T is going to upgrade the network here in Texas and some cities to 3G. The city I live in is finally getting 3G after all the small cities around here already have it. I was wondering would you know what band it would be on and how long from their announcing it would it be turned on?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Eric47

Eric47 Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    crackberry's
    most of texxas is 850/1900 so thats what it will be as usual i would assume.

3. Barciurek

Barciurek Junior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 5300
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    3G runs on 2100

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. clock3687

clock3687 Cell Signal?????? Use it!

My Phone:
    Google Nexus S
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    3G runs on 2100 in Europe, not the US. 3G is on either on the 850 or 1900 bands in the States with ATT.

5. TelcomJunkie

TelcomJunkie Bad Handoff Investigator

Wireless Provider(s):
    Big Brother
    In most markets, T-Mobile is saying they'll be using their AWS licenses on 2100 for UMTS/3G.

6. Ddeere2

Ddeere2 Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS 16Gb
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Cool thanks for letting me know. I also read on dslreports that T-Mobile was finally putting in 3G. I didn't know 3G ran on anything higher than 850/1900. That's always good to know when I go to europe for vacation.

7. Eric47

Eric47 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    crackberry's
    yea, its why air cards already do 850/1900/2100 HSDPA, to make them travel friendly.

8. Particular

Particular Banned

My Phone:
    At&t Iphone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    At&t, sprint, T-mobile
    Isn't at&t the only Wireless Service provider that covers every crack of Texas, and now if they are upgrading their work you can probably be under water and still Get full bar. That's if you had a water proof phone. :D

9. Ddeere2

Ddeere2 Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS 16Gb
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Lol, yeah it seems like that. I was on a bus going to eagle pass talking to my dad and a friend lost signal the whole way. I have yet to really lose signal from them. The only times I do is when I'm in a building were everyone else doesn't have signal either. They better hurry up and turn the 3G on here though :D I'm getting impatient :hyper:

10. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    Yea, but be careful. T-MOB USA has 1700Mhz on the uplink and 2100Mhz downlink. So that means phones from Europe will only have half the same frequencies (in Europe 1900Mhz is Uplink), and that means Euro phones wont work on T-Mobile USAs network.

3G (UMTS) can work on any frequency (approved by 3GPP). 2100Mhz is the most popular worldwide (Europe currently has 3G on 2100 only, maybe 900 eventually). Australia, Canada, USA and maybe some South American countries have it on 850. It will probably be coming in a few years on 700 Mhz in the USA. Also ATT has it on 1900 and T-Mob USA will have it on 1700/2100

11. Ddeere2

Ddeere2 Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS 16Gb
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I know this is late, but I just called today asking about 3G here in my town, and the rep told me that on the list of towns getting it, my town's not on that list! This is outrageous, I mean, first they announce that theyre lauching it here in my town. I call and confirm it, and now they're telling me no. Oh well, I might be moving soon, so its all good. It would of been nice to have it here first before I move.