Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

AT&T to Cingular Still Problems In Lodi NJ

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Nascar65, Oct 12, 2005.

1. jones

jones Silver Senior Member

75 Church st, Lodi is not on their Personal coverage map either,
    but that is a good location.
    is that an apartment building?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MeatChicken

MeatChicken Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC ONE M9
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Yes, that's Kennedy Park, & I don't believe there is any cell site at that field.
    I will look closer next time I pass by.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. chuikov

chuikov Senior Member

Thanks, I'm curious if any of them were actually built. All three were baseball fields. RF wanted 150ft, and as there are no tall buildings and not enough room in thoses towns for conventional tower sites, we went with light pole replacements at ball fields. It was a pain, but I'd like to see them follow through on the sites. They would be good colo opportunities for other carriers if T-Mobile builds them beefy enough.

4. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I saw a link on this page you posted & it was about fighting cell towers, here is a link to the article from the enviormental lawyer that wrote it & likes to fight these things. http://www.liebermanblecher.com/Celltower.pdf

5. chuikov

chuikov Senior Member

The health concerns - don't get me started...

Just got hit with a flagrantly illegal denial for a conditional use...I won't comment further.

Anyway, if folks want their phones to work - especially in NJ - they should contact their local municipalities and show up at meetings to fight the rampant NIMBYism and misguided decisions that are happening at the local level.

6. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Usually the people that go to those meetings are people against cell towers. The NIMBY creatures are species that can be aggressive and violent sometimes. Now, you can imagine the riot that could form if the people supporting the towers were to show up at the meetings as well.

7. chuikov

chuikov Senior Member

Yeah, it's a pipe-dream, but stranger things have happened.

I'm not sure if I'm tilting at windmills or preaching to the choir. I'll stop it and the cliches - ASAP ;)