Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

AT&T stealing my Verizon...

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

AT&T stealing my Verizon...

I've been using my LG-TM510 cell phone with Verizon for about one year. Just recently, when I go to make a call or check voice mail I get an automated AT&T wireless service message saying that I'm dialing an unrecognized number. For Voice mail I enter *86 SEND.....there's a long pause.....AT&T comes in.
    I'm having this problem with v-mail because my phone doesn't ring when I get called. Although 2 or 3 bars are displayed, I get a beep that I have voice mail (after the phone has been infront of me the whole time)
    I gave up my regular phone to afford broadband, so I can't even call Verizon to complain. I sent verizon an email this morning about my situation....I have yet to receive a reply.

Does anyone know what could be going on with my service? I've always received ~ok~ service from home but this is just rediculous. ...Oh, and sometimes the AT&T message says "You are attempting service outside of your home area..."
    Aaaaaah! Help me!
    -Tara

2. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Sounds like a configuration issue. Have the phone re-programmed by your dealer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Scalici26

Scalici26 Senior Member

I had the same problem but the other way around (when i would make a call on ATT i would get verizon). Your phone is set to analog mode and is roaming on an analog ATT tower. Switch back to digital mode on your phone.

4. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Yeah, I believe it's in analog too. But, it's supposed to pick up Verizon in analog, not AT&T. That's why the phone should be programmed correctly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

---My phone is set to digital. Right now, as I look at my phone, it's displaying digital and 3 bars. When I dial and hit SEND, the bars drop to either one bar or no service at all and my call is dropped. However, when my phone displays all of the bars and my call looks like it's going through, then I get a long pause until I get the AT&T message.
    I'm going to try to get to Verizon today and see what they say.

6. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

I think your phone is scanning incorectly. You should have it on Std bA. What it sounds like it is on is Scan Ab. I think this is how all Verizon phones are....that is how it is with Motorolas.