Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

AT&T Wireless AT&T says net neutrality barred it from releasing a ‘bunch’ of new services

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by palandri, Dec 3, 2015.

1. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy

My Phone:
    Pixel 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
  2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Having worked for them, I can tell you that if it doesn't make them MORE money, they whine. Since they didn't get their way, they're whining even more. I remember when they called us all into a meeting and said the reason they partnered with Yahoo instead of Google is that Yahoo more closely followed AT&T's business model. The real issue is that Google was seen as a competitor because of it's various services including internet provider.

palandri likes this.
  3. Steve B

Steve B Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 6S Plus - Gold
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I've never seen AT&T really take the lead in something. Right now its kind of hard to put my thoughts into words....which for me is very uncommon. The closest thing I can come up with is that AT&T seems stuck in maintenance mode for everything regarding wireless. They're so damn stingy with their money that they don't ever want to offer "new services" that they are referring to. They will when forced...cough*tmobile*cough. So when I read that article about that comment I LOLd because we all know its total BS from the get-go.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy

My Phone:
    Pixel 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
  5. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy

My Phone:
    Pixel 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
    So California passes a net neutrality law and now the DOJ is suing them. This is just crazy. Net Neutrality simply bans internet service providers from blocking, throttling, or otherwise discriminating against online traffic, which is what the vast majority of people want. If you buy 2GB of data, you should be able to legally use it however you want.

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/01/6532...tment-sues-california-over-net-neutrality-law

charlyee likes this.