Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

AT&T- reserve phone number?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by warp10, Jan 22, 2003.

1. warp10

warp10 New Member

AT&T- reserve phone number?

Hi all,

I have a ATT account and am switching to verizon. I want to reserve my ATT number and keep voicemail until number portabilty is started later this year, and I can transfer the number to my verizon account. I called ATT cust. service, but they said the only option I have is to keep the phone active on my current plan (Digital Advantage $29.99), they have no voicemail-only plan. Does anyone know of a cheaper way to reserve my number and voicemail?

Thanks

warp10

2. RW99

RW99 New Member

Yeah, you can go down to 19.99 plan that has 60 min. Thats your only option till portability starts

3. warp10

warp10 New Member

thanks for the fast reply. I thought of that but the $20 plan doesn't include voicemail. Being $7 extra, it doesn't pay to switch.

4. RW99

RW99 New Member

Doh, forgot about the voicemail

5. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Verizon(former), ATT(former),
    yeah, just forws=ard the phone to your verizon phone.

6. GUCCI4B

GUCCI4B New Member

Will portability start later this year? 2003 you mean? What is "portability" as you say? Thanks.

7. warp10

warp10 New Member

cell phone number portability is being able to take your current cell phone number from one carrier (ATT in my case) and use it with another carrier (verizon in my case). I think it will be a major conveinence (no calling a million contacts to tell them new phone numer), but the carriers have whined and made the FCC delay it until November this year, hopefully it wont be delayed again.