Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

AT&T or Verizon in Cherry Hill, NJ area

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Brian, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Brian

Brian New Member

AT&T or Verizon in Cherry Hill, NJ area

I am moving to Maple Shade, NJ (just east of Cherry Hill) in a week and am looking to buy a place (maybe in Cherry Hill) in about six months. I am abandoning my landline altogether, so of course the most important thing will be that I get wireless coverage in my new home. Obviously, nobody can say with certainty that I will or won't get coverage in my apartment with any carrier--I'll have to just test it out. Beyond that, I have read on this board that Verizon is far superior to AT&T in Philly. Does this also apply to the Jersey portions of metro Philly?

I suspect that Verizon is better, but my question is how much better? I am looking at getting a Motorola v60, and I can get it for AT&T for $99 off amazon.com while I think it would cost me significantly more with Verizon. In addition, AT&T is running a special for their Wireless National Network right now where for $35/month with a 2 year contract, I can get 500 anytime minutes, 3000 night and weekend minutes, 250 mobile to mobile minutes, and a $26 activation fee credit. The most similar plan with Verizon's America's Choice would cost $55 a month (2 year contract, 550 anytime minutes, 4000 night and weekend minutes, no mobile-to-mobile minutes, $30 activation credit). I could never use up 3000 night and weekend minutes, so the extra 1000 with Verizon's AC is worthless to me.

So is Verizon so much better that it's worth $15 to $20/month more plus paying more for the same phone (or at least very similar phones)?

I spend the great majority of my time in major metro areas, although this is a new job, and I don't know how much and to where I will be traveling, but I would guess that I'll be on the road less than 20% of the time and that most of my trips will be to major cities, especially NYC. I also make occasional trips to San Diego where most of my family lives. I will, of course, spend a fair amount of time on the Pennsylvania side of the river as well, especially in Center City, and it is possibly that when I buy a place in 6 months, it could be on the Pennsylvania side.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!