Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

AT&T Nationwide Vs. Verizon America's Choice

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by tourman, Mar 25, 2002.

1. tourman

tourman Member

AT&T Nationwide Vs. Verizon America's Choice

I currently have AT&T Northeastern regional plan.I am gonna be travelling all through US starting next week for about a year.I am looking for best system for nationwide coverage.Can anyone help me please?

2. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

being a sprint user i still have to say that if you are going to be travelling by car through many rural places on your trip across the us id say verizon has the best coverage over the whole nation. however Sprints DIGITAL coverage footprint is bigger than verizons, in fact verizon users roam onto sprint digital coverage now with an agreement with verizon. if you are hitting the country via the airports and sticking to more metropolitan areas sprint has the best digital service, with roaming in the more rural areas. just watch out for verizons shady contract wording and the such of which ive read lots about.

3. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    On the other hand, unless you plan on visiting some of ATT's no-market areas, you might just change your plan to a national one with ATT. I live in Calif and have used ATT in Washington without any problems. I suggest you call 611 on your ATT phone and discuss your needs with them.

4. ILUVSOCAL

ILUVSOCAL Banned

My Phone:
    Nokia 3600(me)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T(Me),Cingular(Me,Mom),Edge Wireless(Dad)
    And those Non-AT&T areas shrunk even more when Edge Wireless went live in the West. Edge is an AT&T affiliate, and they provide service in the Northwestern and Northeastern parts of California, Southeastern Idaho, Western Wyoming, Southern and Central Oregon, and parts of Washington, areas that previously had no AT&T service. They will also be converting their network over to GSM over the next couple of years. And they are not through expanding in the West. And all you AT&T features will work in those areas just like in your home area. Okay, enough for the AT&T plug, Kevin James paid me...no, wait, I can't say that, Viva Verizon!! LOL

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. tourman

tourman Member

Thank you all...........

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I called to cancel my AT&T service the other day - was going to get Verizon America Choice. Well, AT&T offered me the National Plan of 900 minutes, 1000 nights and weekends and 500 mobile to mobile minutes fo 79.99. That is extremely competitive to Verizon's and Cingular new plan, plus there is never any roaming, unlike Verizons. Just a thought.

7. tourman

tourman Member

Thanks anonymous.I am going to try and do same to see if I can get that deal.Sounds great........

8. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Great deal.

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. tourman

tourman Member

I just got off phone with customer service.They said they have a $50 National Advantage plan available.500 peak minutes with unlimited night/weekend minutes anywhere in US with no roaming and free long distance as long as you are on AT&T tower.Is anyone on this plan?Also are there a lot of areas in country that don't have AT&T towers?............

10. Apoc

Apoc Senior Member

A/C price plans kick the donkey outta ATTWS!! $75/900/3000 nationwide better than any of them,
    also add Nat'l MTM mins for $10 extra. Smell the warm apple pie ma' =)

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Tourman, about the deal I got with AT&T for the National Plan on described above - do not talk with customer service, but talk to their cancellation department. That is the only way you will get the National plan deal - by going through the cancellation department. The customer service reps can not offer you the National deal. I should have mentioned that above.

12. tourman

tourman Member

Thanks I will do that...........

13. josh

josh New Member

There is no cancelation dept for Att Wireless. Any rep that you are speaking with has the power to offer this to you. You just have to meet certain requirments!!

JOSH

14. DiverDown

DiverDown Member

Listen Tourman if your are Traveling to rural places, you need Verizons national single rate, or any other companies National no roaming plan. Which Eliminates Voicestream, Nextel, and Sprint. Because Sprint charges for roaming, and Voicestream and Nextel are single band phones that can't switch into Analog.

Now all you have to do is look at Cingular, Verizon and At&T. Headhunt each of them and take the best no roaming national plan.

Because if your in rural areas, any of the phones will switch to Analog, and as we know Analog is the same on any company same frequency and what not. (yes there differences in the technoloigcal call switching and recieving aspect but lets not confuse the poor guy).

If any of them over no roaming plus night and weekend minutes take it. I think Cingular is currently offering that. I know Verizon offers just weekend minutes with there National Single rate, and I am sure someone else here and can tell you exactly what you can get from At&t.

Good luck

15. tourman

tourman Member

Thanks for info DiverDown..................I love Van Halen.........

16. Guest

Guest Guest

There is a seperate cancellation dept at AT&T. When you hit 611 on your phone, eventually you can get to a recording saying to discontinue your service hit whatever - this is their cancellation dept. The regular customer reps will have no power to offer special plans to you like the cancellation reps do. This is the only way to get the plan I described above.

17. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Kinda funny...........all cell phone customer Service is *611 from your phone

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi Wayne, if you are a AT&T user, you can also use 611 and then send - there are always more than one way to do things. Not just your way. Do you even have AT&T service? Seems like you do not, because you don't know much about them and I actually work for AT&T in upper management. So next time get your fact straight and quit trying to confuse people and make an issue about something you don't know anything about. I am just trying to help people out - you are just trying to cause commotion.

19. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

WOW..........and you dont even put up your name..... All I said was all customer service is *611........oops........sorry about ATT forget the * people.................it is just 611 send. OMG HOW many of you people did I confuse and cause a comotion. And what is my way??? Lord............put one little post about all cellular 611 and BOOM!! Wierd that some one got the idea that it was my way just to put kinda funny. OH well.........if ya cant reply under a log on...............hide behind your mask.

Well..........ya know what? IT IS MY WAY OR NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL....some people........................I got to get my facts straight about making a commint and trying to stop trying to start a commotion. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH[​IMG]

20. josh

josh New Member

WOW, thats kinda of funny, I also work for Att Wireless. When you select the cancel option through the IVR system, your still being routed to a regular care rep. For anonymous, It's not a special rate plan, just retention promo's added on to the normal calling plans which you have to have certain eligibility requirments to aquire them. LOL!!!!! 611, duhhhhhhh, are you sure you work for upper managment. YOU figure someone with your stature would know this.`

JOSH

21. goodjasonhunting

Anonymous seems to be causing the confusion and commotion. AT&T Wireless does not have a cancellation dept anymore. Back in the day (2000) the had a department called loyalty. This is the department that you got to talk to if you said you wanted to cancel. But times have changed (AT&T = At This Time) and when you choose that option, you are talking to the same person who tells you that when you were picking up off that Canadian tower you get charged those International roaming fees that pissed you off to begin with. Get your facts straight and come back when you get a real job, not this imaginary one you have in your litle world.