Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

at&t Leases Spectrum from Sagir (Indigo) in Nebraska

Discussion in 'Central US Wireless Forum' started by a42887, Feb 24, 2008.

1. a42887

a42887 Junior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Well, the time has finally come. Something will finally be done with the spectrum on the A-Side in western Nebraska. at&t has leased the spectrum from Sagir, Inc (which operates the sad but true Indigo Wireless out there). See FCC reference here:

ULS Application - 0003294516 - AT&T Mobility II LLC

You can view the three attachments submitted about this on the ADMIN tab, which lays out the terms of the lease. Of all the areas at&t could get into, I don't know why here, but its better than leaving all of that spectrum unused by Indigo. If anyone has access to this resource, I'd be interested in the jist of it's contents:

Thomson M&A: AT&T Inc acquires Sagir Inc-Wireless Licenses from Sagir Inc - AlacraStore.com

Wonder how long til we see at&t service show up as native out there. Gonna have stiff competition from Viaero in the GSM area, and of course have more stiff competition from Alltel, the other carrier out there.

2. Eric47

Eric47 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    crackberry's
    youll find that in rural areas, if there is only 1-2 carriers, even with a 3rd it is still considered a wide open market. look at a major city and how many carriers you have competiting can be well into double digits..then the competition becomes stiff.

3. a42887

a42887 Junior Member

I'm not even slightly concerned about the competition. I'm just surprised there is a lease on 800MHz spectrum, and glad that they finally can have a true A-Side carrier out there. I don't consider Indigo a real carrier since they do not allow roaming on their (half-assed) network and don't allow customers to roam anymore. Its like a even more poorly run Cricket with five year old technology and worse coverage.

4. BillRadio

BillRadio Wireless Consultant

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint
    What else are you looking for? The FCC records are pretty thorough. AT&T will be leasing 19.8 MHz of Indigo's spectrum. You're right, Indigo seems to be just plodding along, acting like they want to sell out, but nobody's buying. AT&T may just be looking for spectrum along I-80 to cut down on Viaero roaming charges.

Spectrum leases are becoming more common, especially in light of the fact that these carriers have lots of AWS and 700 MHz spectrum coming online in a few years and won't need this leased stuff for long.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. a42887

a42887 Junior Member

I didn't know if any rough dates or other information about how the lease is going down would be listed in the article. Any details not listed I guess.