Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

AT&T in Montana

Discussion in 'AT&T Wireless Forum' started by mst90, Feb 13, 2011.

1. mst90

mst90 New Member

Hey guys,
    i heard about the AT&T and Alltel deal in Montana and the last time i was in Billings my iPhone found a fast 3G Network, but first it used the Cellular One national roaming and after some time and a new search it found the 3G Service.
    So what about 3G and AT&T in Montana now? Here in my town, i still use the national roaming or "USA Extended Area", but i can see a network called "AT&T" if i make a network search.
    Is there something wrong with my phone, so it doesn't use the 3G network or is it not ready yet?

2. mst90

mst90 New Member

does nobody knows about it? :(

3. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 27 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    It's possible it the MNC hasn't been renamed yet, or they're still working on it. From a couple of news bytes I found on the web, it looks like AT&T's network will be up and running fairly soon. They should make an announcement when it officially launches.

My guess is AT&T will make an official announcement once all the kinks have been worked out. Even if their network is up and running now, I don't imagine they'd want to deal with the fallout if it isn't up to par. All former Alltel customers who make the switch will have to get a new phone, so it's best the network be prepared for it.

Article about AT&T's new service in Montana, from last September:

AT&T pushes up cell service for Montana

And this one from last June:

AT&T to replace Alltel in Montana within a year - The Bozeman Daily Chronicle: News

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. madfinn

madfinn New Member

My Phone:
    lg tritan
    Wireless Provider(s):
    altell?
    well if att aint no good got no contract will go somewhere else for phone, the phone they gave me isnt as good as the 1 I had, what BS

5. JasonLAllerdings

JasonLAllerdings Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG Octane
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I have friends that are Alltel in Montana and they have ordered their AT&T replacement phones. They are going to be recieving a text message the day before the change over so they can carry both phones with them so they won't miss any calls when they are changed over. This is suppose to accure towards the end of April.