Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

AT&T gsm vs. T-Mobile

Discussion in 'Central US Wireless Forum' started by RACERX8518, Jan 8, 2003.

1. RACERX8518

RACERX8518 New Member

AT&T gsm vs. T-Mobile

I was wondering what everyone's opinions were on t-mobile vs. at&t (especially in the dallas market) as far as gsm goes... strictly in terms of reception and clarity, not where there maps indicate they have coverage ( i can see t-mobile has more). Your humble opinion is greatly appreciated

2. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

T-Mobile has more GSM coverage than any other provider in the U.S. T-Mobile is the #1 Gsm provider in the U.S.

I have been with T-Mobile for over 2 years now, and I haven't had any problems.

3. med1

med1 Junior Member

AT&T GSM is match to T-Mobile's GSM network yet.

4. ljh

ljh Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC MyTouch 4G Slide
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    T-Mobile has better coverage and costs less.

5. CrazyCozmoGirl

CrazyCozmoGirl New Member

'ATT GSM VS. T-Mobile GSM'

As far as the technology is concerned, the two are equal. They both run 1900 GSM. Neither will be any different in quality.
    Now the fact that T-Mobile currently carries more towers and it is spread out over a larger area, your more likely not to run into a black-out area smack dab in the middle of Dallas. T-Mobile has probably already filled in those areas that could be trouble, and then decided to spread out further. I myself would feel more comfortable with T-Mobile. AT&T on the other hand is still new,(talking GSM of course) and is still tweeking the system, learning where they need a tower or two, especially in highly populated areas. This is why they haven't spread out as much yet.

6. RACERX8518

RACERX8518 New Member

t-mobile only cost less on certain rate plans... at&t 34.99 500minutes and unlimite n/w 99.99 unlimited for heavy users compared to t-mobiles 99.99 for 5000 ( which is close to unlimited, but not when some people out there use 7500 minutes a month) I was asking for reception and call quality compared to the each other in dallas and markets that both claim to have service in. I realize that t-mobile has more coverage area.

thanks

7. CrazyCozmoGirl

CrazyCozmoGirl New Member

In that case Call Quality is equal. Coverage quality is not.

8. med1

med1 Junior Member

Same tech,hardware,etc both sound exactly the same

9. TMobileGuru

TMobileGuru New Member

I work with T-Mobile and have to deal with Network outages, billing problems, general inquiries etc.. Honestly, most people call with issues regarding coverage (If your coverage is fine you usually don't call), especially in the North East people are always complaining. Texas is a MAJOR exception. 99% of all people I speak within Texas can't stop raving about their t-mobile service and how they should have dropped Sprint/Cingular a LONG time ago. The network was built by Ariel in the mid to late 90s and they did an Excellent job! Probably one of the best networks in the US was built in the midwest by Ariel. I recommend T-Mobile but no service is perfect for everyone. Try T-Mobile for up to 14 days. If it doesn't work well for you then you can cancel service with no penalty and try AT&T.

Good luck!

10. eagle63

eagle63 Junior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Agreed! Thanks to Aerial's buildout, T-Mobile keeps spanking 'em all in MN. I even had a T-Mo rep tell me that MN was one of their best markets.