Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

AT&T Frequency in Central Texas

Discussion in 'Southern US Wireless Forum' started by TexasRaider, Nov 29, 2007.

1. TexasRaider

TexasRaider New Member

Does anyone know what friggin' frequencies are used by AT&T in Central Texas (Austin, Round Rock, San Antonio)? :confused:
    I want to upgrade my phone by buying off Ebay, but can't be sure some of the phones will work on my network.
    Forget trying to call AT&T or their regional offices...they say "Buy the phone from us and you'll be fine" Yeah, buy ANOTHER over priced phone from AT&T...right.
    Thanks for your help everyone!

2. clock3687

clock3687 Cell Signal?????? Use it!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Google Nexus S
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Texas Raider, in the US, AT&T currently uses the 850/1900 frequencies in the US. If you dont travel abroad, just make sure that your phone contains those 2 bands, and youll be ok. Around the the dallas-ft. worth area, at&t uses both frequencies.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TexasRaider

TexasRaider New Member

I just called a small wireless dealer here in Austin and he said I had to use 850. I was looking at a TriBand phone that says it works on "GSM networks which support 900/1800/1900 Mhz."

So, question is, if it supports 1900 but AT&T uses only 850, it won't work. How can I know if AT&T uses their 1900 down here in Austin?

4. clock3687

My Phone:
    Google Nexus S
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    AT&T uses both the 850 and 1900 frequencies in that area, so if you do decide to use that phone, youll find that the coverage will be a lot worse especially indoors (850 travels further than 1900 and has better building penetration). If your about to buy an unlocked phone, its not worth forgoing the 850 band esp. when you are in an area where AT&T uses it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. TexasRaider

TexasRaider New Member

Thanks. It was a Razr V3X I could have gotten really cheap, but if it isn't going to fly on AT&T I'll skip it. I'd like the V9 Razr II, but they're so damn expensive right now.
    Thanks for your help!

6. clock3687

My Phone:
    Google Nexus S
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Ive seen unlocked RAZR V3xx's go on eBay for as little as $175. Or if you want to bite the bullet you can get one for $130 if you want to sign your life away for another 2 years.

7. BillRadio

BillRadio Wireless Consultant

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint