Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

AT&T date/time are wrong if Autoupdate ON

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

AT&T date/time are wrong if Autoupdate ON

I just signed with AT&T a few days ago and noticed that the date and time wron on my phone. Whenver I changed any of them and saved the changes, the time becomes at least 5 hours ahead. I called up AT&T and they have no idea why the date and time are wrong when the Autoupdate feature is turned ON. Does anyone have any idea? Just curious.. [​IMG]

2. Guest

Guest Guest

By the way I confimed the same problem exists with my phone a Motorola V60 and another Nokia phone.[​IMG]

3. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    The problem is that AT&T has a network feature that autoupdates the time on your phone once a day, and someone at AT&T forgot to setup the time correctly on that system. Therefore, your phone picks up the time from the air all wrong. What you need to do is turn off the autoupdate feature in your phone so it doesn't take the time updates. I used to have the same problem until I turned off Autoupdate.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. cryogenic

cryogenic Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung A990
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Sounds like they had him on GMT time instead of Eastern Standard US (GMT -5) time. [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    If I remember correctly, I think the minutes are incorrect as well.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I got an email from AT&T and they said that's a feature of the phone and AT&T does not provide the time and date updates!
    So if you travel to a different time, you'll have to set it! Shocks! But why is the always about 7 hours different? AT&T better get its act togther.[​IMG]

7. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Cingular doesn't do the time thing either at least here in DE, you have to manually set it. I think it's a great feature, when I travel its nice to know my phone will show the correct time, and even in my home area it's nice to see the real time, it's never a minute off or anything. Just a small perk I enjoy.

8. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Well, if AT&T says they don't provide that service, they probably mean that they are not officially offering it, but I am sure they are technically capable of providing it. What they don't want to admit is that in this area, NYC/North NJ (SID 25), when phones are set to autoupdate they can pick up the time update from their system. Although, needless to say, the time is all wrong so it is useless. Maybe they are just testing the feature and are getting ready to launch it soon, or someone forgot to turn off the feature and it is broadcasting crazy times all over....[​IMG]

9. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Another useful feature is that if you have the accurate system time, you will be able to know if that call you are making will be off peak or peak. Say someone's clock said 9:02pm but ATT/etc's system said 8:57, there go some more peak minutes [​IMG]

10. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    CDMA carriers are the only ones I have seen that support showing the current date and time on your phone from the network.

11. GJMOO7

GJMOO7 Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I have a motorola v60t with at&t.I have my phones auto time/date update set to the on position.I never
    had a problem with the phone displaying the incorrect time.Maybe it dosen't work while traveling in a
    different time zone.I have not gone away yet to see if that is a problem.