Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Arrggh... here's a question you'll never see again

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by LonghornBob, Jan 17, 2007.

1. LonghornBob

LonghornBob Member

I am switching my service to get the Q, but decided not to switch my employees' phones until their contracts expire.

Unfortunately I can't find an employee who doesn't want to shop Axxess or download ringtones or send text messages when they should be working. So I've got to deduct the $$ from their paychecks and write them up and F with all that and I'm sick of it.

So my options are to have employees with no phones, keep firing people, or try to find a phone that's compatible with Alltel that won't do all that ____.

I just want a phone (6 actually) that ONLY sends and receives calls. I don't want text messages, cameras, axxess shop, downloads, screen savers, NOTHING. Incoming and outgoing calls only and I don't care if it's a phone in a bag from 1983.

Any advice (other than to fire all 7 of them and start over)?

2. livspop

livspop Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    If you contact Alltel, you can lock down messaging and Axcess on any given line, I believe. Has CS told you that's not possible?

3. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Ditto. Alltel can lock most if not all of that off the phones. As for a phone, I don't think they make a phone like that anymore and with the Gov reg on e911 you wont be able to turn on any old phone that does not have the gps chip.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. LonghornBob

LonghornBob Member

Thanks. I'll try that.

I love you. I love you all... ;-)

5. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I'm glad we could help. Now if we can just get you to stay with Alltel.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ZaphodB

ZaphodB Signal Go Down De Hole...

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    How are you going to keep them from making personal calls using anytime minutes?

This is why I only subsidise PART of my employees' telephone bills. They're GOING to use the phone for whatever, so I just reimburse part of the bill. If they object, I tell them they can always deduct the unreimbursed part on their taxes and take it up with the IRS.

7. dolphin_crazed

dolphin_crazed Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Diamond
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel; Verizon Wireless
    Make sure if there are any apps installed on the phone, that they are removed. The apps block will prevent any NEW apps from being installed, but it won't stop apps that are already on the phone.

8. LonghornBob

LonghornBob Member

I had to remove BikiniCam, Tetris, wallpapers, and everything else under the sun, but I got it done. Then I called Customer Service and they blocked everything other than phone calls from the phones.

I tell them they can make personal calls as long as they don't go over their minutes, but if they go over and they have even one personal call on the phone I deduct the entire bill from their check. Muuuhahahha.

I'm glad I finally got this situation settled. I get my Q today. That'll cost me a few beans and I won't get the mobile to mbile minutes with them, but I can have them all put me in a circle or something and I'm sure Cingular has a similar deal.

Peace, love and good phones. It's all gonna work out.

Thanks.

9. ZaphodB

ZaphodB Signal Go Down De Hole...

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    Actually Cingular DOESN'T have a similar deal -- the "Circle" is an Alltel-only thing.

10. LonghornBob

LonghornBob Member

Cingular's deal lets you pick a batch of people who you can call for free. I don't know what it's called, but they all have a similar deal now. I think it's called 5 Faves or somesuch. Maybe that's Verizon, but Cincgular has a frequently called deal too.

11. Shockwave13

Shockwave13 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto V9m RAZR2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel =)
    5 faves is T-Mobile, they have the crazy add with the guy asking why this other dude has his gf in his favs with "secret lovers" as the ringtone.. haha.. Cingular has something that allows you to add some most often called numbers but there are major restrictions. Its nothing like what TMO or Alltel offer. Verizon hasnt even touched that area yet either, I dont know if they have plans to or not. I asked one of the store reps and he said they were told at this time Verizon has no need to put out any spoofy promos like that.