Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Areas in NH/VT with poor cellular coverage

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Feroze, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Feroze

Feroze New Member

Hi,

I'm a masters student at Dartmouth College, NH. Cellular coverage in NH/VT is exactly great. The communities are concious of the aesthetics and the environment. I'm working on an idea to be able to strategically position antennas such that they are environmentally friendly and compatible and unobtrusive.

I feel that educating our community is the major step to marketing my idea. In order to that, I need to go to various towns, and propose my idea and get feedback on whether it is acceptable to them. I'm not looking to provide blanket coverage, but to fill in gaps in the present coverage.(e.g gaps in highways, small towns which have no coverage etc..)

The help I need from the various members of this forum, is a list of various specific towns in NH/VT where we have poor cellular coverage, and where towers have been denied due to various reasons. I would then go to thses towns and try and set up a meeting with the planning and zoning board and community members and pitch the idea.

I might succeed, I might not...BUt I definitely want to give it a shot. Together , I hope to strike a balance between our desire to protect the environment and ensure that we get cellular coverage.

Thanks,

Feroze

2. skimorey

skimorey New Member

Fairlee, VT... Planning has been in the works for a while now but has been shot down by local government. Get a Verizon tower put in there so I can use my phone when I go to my parents house!

Liam :)

3. SQFreak

SQFreak Moto's Not So Bad Anymore

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola Q9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Bristol, Vermont. VZW could use a tower somewhere in the area. Last time I was there, their nearest tower was on a silo in the next town over. I had great analog coverage on RCC Unicel, though.

I-89 between Burlington and Waterbury had quite a few major coverage gaps for VZW where RCC Unicel was just fine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bovineu

bovineu New Member

Londonderry, NH has issues with NIMBY's. That is a hole for Verizon coverage.

5. waywith

waywith Junior Member

Yeah, they finally got stuck with the Power Plant but still are holding off the cell phone companies <LOL>.

-way