Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Are those gray panels Sprint panels?

Discussion in 'Cell Tower Hunting Club' started by leogator, Mar 23, 2007.

1. leogator

leogator New Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
  2. TelcomJunkie

TelcomJunkie Bad Handoff Investigator

Wireless Provider(s):
    Big Brother
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Nextel sometimes use different panel types on different sectors I've noticed. I guess it depends on each sector's coverage objective.

4. leogator

leogator New Member

I have seen the lattice-like Nextel panels elsewhere. I had not seen the shorter gray ones. Are they using the shorter ones to de-tune power/coverage? There is a Sprint site about 3/4 of a mile away. That one is on the top of hotel. I wonder if we will see Sprint eventually moving their other site to this one. Cingular just made this tall monopole available for colo. Verizon already moved their site on top the hotel to this one. Nextel is the third occupant of the tower. It's a full generator-backup site and as such is very desirable. The one at the top of the hotel is not, I think.

5. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I've seen many Nextel sites here in So. Cal that use those short grey panels. I have no idea what the purpose of them area.