Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Are the discussions broke

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Jan 21, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Just returned from a business trip. Logged on to WA! Boy have they changed.
    But could somebody (Kevin!?) explain what the 'pages' mean. I would have thought I should see older messages than the ones displayed, but that doesn't seem to be the case. In fact, it looks like most of the pages don't show anything at all....

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    I'm not sure what you are seeing (or not seeing). Send an email to the webmaster explaining what's happening.

Many think I am somehow related to WA. I'm not.

3. JFB

JFB Gold Senior Member
    Administrator Super Moderator

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung S20 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Mint Mobile
    Can you tell us which link you are clicking on?

If you are refering to the yellow bar just above the posts that has a page icon followed by a subject title, here is how that works. That is a tree representation of the threaded nature of the forums. Before all new posts appeared at the bottom of the thread. NOW you can respond to the exact post you want to respond to and your NEW post will appear there.

Also, you can click on any of the posts in the tree and go right to that post.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

OK! Precisely what I am seeing::

On the Northeastern U.S. Wireless Services Forum initial page (the one with the list of topics beginning with "Welcome to the Northeastern U.S. Wireless Discussion Forum" there is a cream colored box with "Search[Advanced} ..... and "Pages: [1 2 3 4 >> Next]"
    A similar display appears at the bottom of the page.

If I click '2', I get a page whose newest entry is December 11. The oldest entry on Page 1 is January 8. That seems to be an awful long gap. I'm sure I remember several messages that would have been in there.

If I click '3' or '4', I get essentially a null page. Two cream colored bars are together with no items in between.

The same is true of other forums that show multiple pages.