Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Approached about leasing land?

Discussion in 'Working or Investing in the Wireless Industry' started by Isaac1, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Isaac1

Isaac1 New Member

We have been approached by a representative for a major cell carrier regarding leasing land for a guyed wire style cell tower on our rural farm property (350 acres). The process seems to be he selects 3 potential sites and forwards those to the cell company, they then make a selection. From what I know from our initial contact call is they want a highway frontage site, between two points roughly 3/4 mile apart. We own the majority of the cleared land along this section of highway (other side of the highway is timber land), however there is 1 other large section of cleared land next door that is very similar to our property.

The initial offer terms are 35 year total lease term, with 5 year renewal options on their part, $500 per month, 10% increase every 5 years, and they may require up to 3 acres. The location is somewhat rural in Louisiana, however it is a growing area, and small tracts of highway frontage property is starting to be in high demand for people wanting to build mini-ranches, etc. So part of our concern is how this might effect land value, as well as other liabilities, tax implications, etc.

Highway frontage land in the area is currently selling for around $10,000 per acre in small 5 - 10 acre tracts.

Thanks for any insights you might be able to give, is most welcome, I have tried to google this subject, but most threads are about far more urban sites, or regard much smaller towers.

#1 Isaac1, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    JFB likes this.
  3. Celltowervalue

Celltowervalue New Member

My Phone:
    It has a lot to do with territory and also carrier. I have been in the leasing industry for over 13 years and have reviewed over 20,000 leases. Feel free to PM me and I can help.