Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Applications not working / compatibility question !?!

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by csci1000, Nov 19, 2005.

1. csci1000

csci1000 New Member

I have seen many places online where they are selling "1st Universal Remote Control" application for NOKIA 6682? Does 6682 really support this?? or I thought Infrared is required to have remote control applications to work?? Please adv--put some light here??

Also some applications install just fine..but when try to run it...it just I don't know crashes? or dont open at all? What am I doing wrong? Please help...I have many applications (.sis) files which just dont work..:confused: .>>>> Need help for new 6682 user.

thank you all...!

2. csci1000

csci1000 New Member

what's up people??? Am I the only having prblms with 6682 applications? and no one know more about remote control application?

3. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Hello, could you be a little more specific on which applications are not working for you? I haven't found any to be not working yet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. csci1000

csci1000 New Member

Sure....I am using Cingular branded Nokia 6682 ....for example....

"irRemote" icon is shown after install but when try to open it, it just dont open.....it does nothing.....Also my question to you is, does 6682 has infrared? if not how remote funtion/app works?

Also "Mobile Fax" dont work....same issue..icon is seen but when try to open it, it say already in use...

other applications like wmaplus!, screen capture, office works fine...but these 2 so far dont work..please help...I have lost hope for these applications....Thank you very much!!!

5. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Sorry I don't have any good news for you at all. There is no IR on the 6682, branded or otherwise, the irRemote won't work. Also to the best of my knowledge Mobile fax does not yet have a version that works with the 6682.

Other than that I hope you like the phone, I do mine..:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. csci1000

csci1000 New Member

hey thank you so much....for reply to my post... ;)
    oh I love the phone....no doubt..I wish I can have remote func and faxing capability from phone...any ideas??

7. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    I guess not...sorry. I think Mobile Fax is coming up with a new version soon which will be compatible with some more models of S60 but I don't know if will include the 6682.

8. Steven2420

Steven2420 World Champions Baby!!!!!

If I can chime in here.....You made a great choice of phones, I love mine. If you check out http://www.my-symbian.com/main/index.php you will find allot of applications that are specifically designed for this model Nokia. Welcome to WA and read allot and ask allot of questions.....this forum is AWESOME!!!

Steve

9. csci1000

csci1000 New Member

Hey Charlyee,

just curious...where did you find out about new version coming for MobileFax?? And thanks for your replies all...:D