Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Apple to drop Google Maps with iOS 6 debut:

Discussion in 'APPLE iPhone, iPad Tablets and all iOS Devices' started by Eileen89, May 14, 2012.

1. Eileen89

Eileen89 Bronze Senior Member

According to trusted sources, Apple has an incredible headline feature in development for iOS 6: a completely in-house maps application. Apple will drop the Google Maps program running on iOS since 2007 in favor for a new Maps app with an Apple backend. The application design is said to be fairly similar to the current Google Maps program on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, but it is described as a much cleaner, faster, and more reliable experience.

[​IMG]

Story con't here: http://9to5mac.com/2012/05/11/ios-6...debuts-in-house-maps-with-incredible-3d-mode/

Sent from my iPad 4G using Tapatalk HD.

2. Eileen89

Eileen89 Bronze Senior Member

IMHO, I think this is an awesome decision on Apples part and it is something that needed to be done a long time ago. Not sure if I'll be using this or not as I have been using Navigon on my iPhones for A few years now and like this app very much when traveling in unknown areas... I'll be interested in seeing how Apples own Map app works out, though.

Sent from my iPad 4G using Tapatalk HD.

3. Davidscott12

Davidscott12 New Member

If iOS6 comes with this in-house maps application it will be awesome. I think they will first create it only for a few cities. To create such a clear illustrated map they need more data. I think it will take a lot of time for them to create the whole map for U.S. And this map will consume a lot of data if it comes with such clear illustrations. Hope data costs won’t get high.

4. LBJLOVA

LBJLOVA New Member

OH NO!! Well I hope this Apple Maps is better!!

Sent from iPhone 4s

5. nicholson06

nicholson06 New Member

My Phone:
    Apple map sucks. You ask for one location and it will direct you to a place geographically misplaced on the map. Google maps should have been included, I am so used to this app.

6. nicholson06

nicholson06 New Member

My Phone:
    See for yourself...I am switching to Android phones

7. rhianna

rhianna New Member

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    cable
    Are you referring to having your messages from your iPhone being sent to the iPad as well? If so, yes, I keep the messaging forward set to on so I can receive messages from my iPhone 6 and 6 Plus forwarded to my iPad Air 2 as well. Many times when I'm home, I'll forget my iPhone in my room upstairs so it's nice to be able to get messages from my kids on my iPad as I usually have that with me when I'm downstairs.

#7 rhianna, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2015