Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

"Apple down't understand photography"

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by dmapr, Jun 20, 2016.

1. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    http://thenextweb.com/apple/2016/06/19/apple-doesnt-understand-photography

I find this point of view and observations pretty interesting. Of course the same applies equally to Google as the Google's Photo App is also geared towards photo archiving. Of course as a person who rarely takes pictures with the phone and deletes them almost as soon as they've served their purpose I'm OK with that approach, but looking at my wife's usage patterns I tend to agree with the author. Out of her 30GB+ of pictures a 30-40% chunk is definitely something she hasn't meant to keep, but lacked the discipline to find and delete once no longer needed.

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    The person spoke so fast, it was difficult for me to understand her. (him? still pre-pubescent? The written article was supposedly by a guy. The voice in the video was very, um, soprano.)

The functionality they propose already exists in apps. I don't see it as a responsibility of the mfg to build specific functionality into the camera other than expand exposure controls and other features common to cameras. So I guess I disagree with the article. (The attitude sounds more like a spoiled, entitled, clueless, "affluenza" life-inexperienced youth.)

#2 KevinJames, Jun 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  3. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    I haven't watched the video, only read the text. Again, based on my wife's usage I'd say the only thing that I'd like to see added is an ability to easily tag the photo as "temporary", so that it is easy to find and delete them in bulk at a later date and would exclude them from being backed up.

4. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    I absolutely agree, specifically since I spent three hours last night prior to reading this post, deleting the pictures from Photos on my Mac.

I still have more to go. That would be great if it went into a separate folder marked temporary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...