Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

AOL email on wireless devices? pop3? Imap?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows Mobile Phones' started by WirelessBeachBum, Jul 9, 2004.

1. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    I've never used aol, it's my understanding they do not have pop3 access, however I have seen in some places that they support imap...does anyone know either a wap compatible site for viewing AOL email or the imap configuration for access? I have a customer with an i600 who would like to use it to access his aol mail...HE does NOT need to use AIM.

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Etorres777

Etorres777 Life is good for now..

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t Mobility
    I know that you can setup your AOL account if you have AT&T Wireless... doesn't help sorry.. and i don't believe there's a wap service for AOL.. has he tried the AOL by Phone?

3. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Many providers provide wireless access via their customized wireless web interfaces (they have to pay aol for this partnership.) But ths samsung i600 runs windows mobile and can browse regular html pages, as well as wap pages...without a specific wireless web portal.

There is software for regular window's mobile devices, but I have not found any specific for smartphone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Bugwart

Bugwart Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung SCH i760,
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SKT, Verizon, China Mobile, EPlus
    I thought that I could log on to AOL by going to www.aol.com. Using the i600 browser brOught up a minimal graphics log on page. I entered my screen name and password. However, when I hit the log on button, it brought me to a blank page. The page was secure, but totally white.

I will try to see if I can set up AOL after I boot up my notebook.

(Posted using my i600)