Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Anyone using vzwpix or whatever it is... help??

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by boxermansr, Jul 11, 2003.

1. boxermansr

boxermansr Member

My Phone:
    HTC Diamond
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SprintPCS
    I subscribed to Verizons UNLIMITED picture messaging service about an hour ago. It was my understanding that you could email your phone by using phone#@vzwpix.com and the message would display the picture that you'd sent (or the sound that you'd attached) -- however this is not happening. It's bringing up a link telling me to go to www.vzwpics.com/mlib/getpics or something like that... Is this supposed to work this way? I thought it only poped up a link if the phone you were sending to was not capable (any phone but the 6000 pretty much), but otherwise was supposed to show the photo/sound and let you save it? Is this the way its supposed to work, or was something setup wrong?

Thanks

2. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    no you seem to be doing it right. just use your regular email and send it....im using outlook and it works fine

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. boxermansr

boxermansr Member

My Phone:
    HTC Diamond
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SprintPCS
    Isn't is supposed to give me the option to save the picture or sound at that time, and not a link referring me to vzwpics.com webpage? I was able to send myself a photo from their webpage (vzwpics.com), but when sending from EMAIL to my phone XXXXXXXXXX@vzwpics.com I get a message that tells me that I have a picture message waiting AT www.vzwpics.com/mlib/getpics.

I thought it was supposed to just pop up the actual message and allow you to save the picture or attachment, without referring you TO a site.

4. njsvrzncdma

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    it is suposed to. thats what mine does

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. boxermansr

boxermansr Member

My Phone:
    HTC Diamond
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SprintPCS
    I got it working. not sure if something wasnt setup 100% thru verizon, but i called them, and while they had me on hold, i tried to send myself a msg again and it worked. they came back and told me that you cant send sounds or pictures to the phone unless you use the webpage ("this phone doesnt allow attachment downloads" was what they told me).. nonetheless i was like "it worked, gotta go".

next question.. i can send .mid files to this phone, right? are there any other formats i can send? .qcp etc for voice type ringers? or just .mid?

thx

6. njsvrzncdma

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    you can send the mid ringers
    but im workin on the qcp ringers

7. boxermansr

boxermansr Member

My Phone:
    HTC Diamond
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SprintPCS
    I just keep thinking of things to ask, hehe. Does it not support anything other than .mid right now, or it's just kind of a trivial issue right now?

Also, have you had any luck sending animated backgrounds? I had a nice matrix one where it was scrolling, but when it came to the phone it was just a "solid" picture (no scrolling)..

8. njsvrzncdma

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    i dont believe it supports .gif images. my pics came thru as solid also. As far as the voice ringers people say that it can but i havent been able to get it to work at all. it drops the attachment thru email and thru vzwpix the .qcp file is not accepted as an authorized file.

9. festivalman

festivalman New Member

the easy fix for the qcp problem is just to rename it to .mid. then send it through the web interface or the email if you got that working. all set. as mentioned before though, it only plays through the handset speaker so the volume is a LOT lower than through the outside speaker. Even on the highest setting, you may not really hear it if it's in your pocket. i use the high volume / vibrate to compensate.