Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Anyone use HBH-300 headset with v710

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by CaptainLoose, Feb 16, 2005.

1. CaptainLoose

CaptainLoose Member

My Phone:
    RAZR2 v9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I finally broke down and bought a bluetooth headset for my v710. Thought I'd like the boom on/off style so got the Moto 810. Doesn't work on my face - can't keep the speaker from rubbing and creating noise to listener. I guess if you have little ears and chipmunk cheeks, its not the choice! I'm not sure I'd like the Moto 820 either; would prefer something a little more sturdy on my ear.

I noticed some very positive comments about the Sony HBH-300 bluetooth headset on HoFo but can't find anyone here mentioning it. Does anyone have info or comments on it?

Thanks.

2. JSPPTY

JSPPTY Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8800
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    I switched from Jabra BT200 to the SE HBH-300 ... and I'm glad I did. If your main concern is sound quality, I would recommend you seriously look into the HBH-300. I've been using my headset for a few months, and have had zero complaints.

I needed to take a quick call while on the golf course here in Hawaii (windy) and was impressed by the noise cancelling microphone. The other caller was able to hear me just fine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. davidk

davidk New Member

What's the battery life like on the HBH300? I'm using a BT200 now and I find it very comfortable and it sounds good if I'm inside but it's TERRIBLE with even a slight breeze and I only get about 90-120 minutes of talk time (I don't know if that's typical for the Jabra...I bought this set used on ebay and it might be an old battery))

--David

4. rythm

rythm New Member

[I bought the HBH 300, haven't used it extensively yet, but the trial was good. I bought it because I have a small face and ears, and was told that this would be a better fit. Seems very comfortable and works well.

Hope this helps...

#4 rythm, Apr 15, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2005
  5. davidk

davidk New Member

I've had a lot less luck with the noise-cancelling. The HBH-300 IS better than the BT200 but not by a lot, in my experience. The HBH-300 also has two major (and one minor) traits which I find has me carrying it as a backup and using my old BT200 most of the time:

1. The confirmation "beep" on the 300 is a VERY loud, high pitch which I find annoying if the headset is just hanging on my ear and downright painful if the speaker is actually in my ear (Does anyone know if there's a way to change this pitch? The BT200 uses a much less offensive pitch)
    2. I don't know if it's controlled by the V710 or by the headsets themselves but the connection will close if there's silence on the line. That's the way it should be, of course, except that the 300 seems to not only close it prematurely (it will often turn off if the time between dialing the number and the phone starting to ring is too long), it doesn't always wake back up (for example, I've had cases where I dial a number (happens both with voice-dial and with hand-dial), the headset turns off while the phone is waiting for the call to connect but then it never turns back on so I've got somebody answering the phone and I can't talk to them.
    3. The minor point is more personal and it's just that I find the BT200 much more comfortable.

--David