Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Anyone know who will offer the 8800?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by M_Six, Jun 17, 2005.

1. M_Six

M_Six Junior Member

My Phone:
    XV 6700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
  2. PTCO911

PTCO911 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Incredible
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    That is a nice looking phone is right. I'm sure it won't be available on CDMA anytime soon. Still pretty sharp though. :D

3. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Well, it's a tri-band GSM handset and as high-end as it is I would think that Cingular would get first dibs on it like they did with the RAZR. I wouldn't count T-Mobile completely out of the running but I'm about 75% sure that Cingular will offer this phone first when/if it is released in the US.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ShoresGuy

ShoresGuy Euer WA Experte in Europa

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC/T-Mobile MDA II PPC
    Wireless Provider(s):
    E-Plus (BASE 12 month flatrate)/Vodafone Germany
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SteveW

SteveW Battery mgmt is my life

My Phone:
    T-Mo G2, LG CU500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Thought I would resurrect this thread. The Nokia 8801 is being released by TMobile Monday, 6/12, at least in the Boston area. Held it in the TMobile store on Newbury St. today (high fashion street, high fashion phone, for those not familiar with Boston). Price will be $559 with a 2-year contract :eek:

I thought it was pretty, but quite heavy. I like the functionality of the slider. The D-pad is small and the select button in the center is very small for me, and I have small hands. The soft keys are rounded ridges just under the screen, which would take some getting used to. Wanted to test its EDGE/Web browsing speed but in 3 min of trying I couldn't figure out how to enter a URL :confused: and the sales rep couldn't help me. Going to T-Zones brings up a Search box, and the Options key doesn't have anything like "Go to address", "Enter URL" or equivalent. Strange...

Needless to say, I won't be getting this, and neither will my wife who actually has TMobile. :) She's more interested in cool design than technology, but she wasn't impressed by the 8801, and especially not impressed by the price. :D As far as looks go, she liked the SLVR-like Samsung (T509) better.

#5 SteveW, Jun 10, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2006