Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Anyone know where to download the QCP converter program?

Discussion in 'All Other Brands of Wireless Phones' started by DarkMazda, Aug 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkMazda

DarkMazda New Member

Does anyone know where I can download the Qualcomm QCP Ringer converter program?

D

2. XprtCop

XprtCop =- Legend -=

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson i580
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. phire

phire New Member

I have a question with this peice of crap purevoice converter. There is no pvconf.exe or whatever in the purevoice directory that some HOWTO's tell you to do. I also tried doing what the help files said to convert a .wav to .qcp by pressing ALT-SHIFT-C but NOTHING happens when I do that.... How the hell do I convert a properly formatted wav file to qcp so I can upload the damned thing to my phone?

TIA...

4. ScandaLEX

ScandaLEX Senior Member

I really wish I could provide you with an answer; I have been looking for one myself. I have done everything as instructed, but when it comes time to save my .wav to .qcp, I have to manually change the file extension.

I must be slipping; I used to know all the free places to upload too so I could send to my phone. Anyway, if you get your answer, post it here [​IMG]

5. Verhobb

Verhobb New Member

The converter program is separate from the purevoice program. You must install the purevoice and then the converter or vica versa. Go back to the Qualcomm site and look towards the bottom. There should be a purevoice converter hyperlink to click on. Intall it...it will unzip and you will see the .exe file. Paste it to your desktop. Drag your 16 mono 8KHz .wav file onto the .exe file (converter file) and it will convert it to pure voice.

I can't figure out how to take certain parts of a song out. I've only been able to convert entire songs which end up being way too large to send to my phone. Can anyone help me out with this?

6. maciej

maciej Banned

myPhoneFiles.com has an app that rips MP3, WAV, and regular audio CDs into ringtones. It saves a lot of headaches with converting these files. You have to register though and it is still in beta...

7. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Closing this thread as it is attracting spammers...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.