Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Anyone know PCSphonetones.com?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by rwm989, Aug 18, 2007.

1. rwm989

rwm989 New Member

I ran across a website tonight called pcsphonetones.com. I appears that you can upload your own .wav files to their site and download them to your phone. All for free. Trouble is when I signed up with them I immediately received a SMS on my phone with a link to click to verify your phone and number but, when I click it it doesn't go anywhere. Does anyone have any info about this site? thanks in advance for any help

2. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Sorry Just wanted to ask are you posting spam or no. Cause I dont want to post super spam man here.

3. rwm989

rwm989 New Member

Dude, I just asked a question.....anyway i found another place to go and it worked fine CYA

4. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Meant no offense by it. Just wanted to make sure is all but whatevea CYA

5. TelcomJunkie

TelcomJunkie Bad Handoff Investigator

Wireless Provider(s):
    Big Brother
    Thanks for contributing your solution. It will be a great help to others with a similar problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    If anyone is interested in this type of thing PM me and I will send you links.

7. rwm989

rwm989 New Member

Sorry, the solution i found was as follows. go to the pcsphonetones.com site and you can browse around and find what software you will need to convert your mp3 files to .wav and trim them down to ring tone size somewhere around 20-30 seconds. it's important that you follow the tutorial on all the settings to tone down the bass and peaks. all the info is there. look at the forum..(making ringtones) and the thread "how to make quality ringtones the real way" and then convert them to qualcom .qcp files that your phone will except. you then can upload them to their site and receive a text message from them with a link to the ringtone. really pretty simple. the problem i was having was my palm treo wouldn't connect with their site so i found an alternate site to up load to Phone Uploader it's really pretty easy Also here is another thread that was helpful to me on the same forum
    HERE! IF YOU ARE A FIRST TIMER AND ARE CONFUSED WITH THEIR TUTORIAL.

you will also need to download the program Audacity and the program Purevoice. All of this is free with the exception of whatever amount of webtime and textmessages you use if you don't have unlimited plan on each. I think this works on almost all carriers but easiest on sprint.
    hope this helps

8. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Thanks for the info you can also use a website i sent to you in a PM

9. TelcomJunkie

TelcomJunkie Bad Handoff Investigator

Wireless Provider(s):
    Big Brother
    Thanks rwm989!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...