Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Anyone in Michigan having problems with service

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by rpadget, Jul 22, 2007.

1. rpadget

rpadget New Member

I live in Virginia but still have my 989 area code number and was wondering if anyone else is having any problems with making calls and or recieving them. It started on Friday and is very frustrating.

2. TWX

TWX Mobile Enthusiast

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/160)

where are you located in michigan?? My friend has Alltel and he didn't have any problems, it kinda sounds like a tower issue.

#2 TWX, Jul 22, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2007
  3. rpadget

rpadget New Member

I live in Virginia now but used to live in Alpena MI. Still no damn service today. Alltel really has bad customer service.

4. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    One thing to check, is to make sure your phone isn't set to 'Home Only' and that it is set to the alternative which is 'Standard Scan' or 'Automatic A' or 'Automatic B' or something similar depending on your model of phone.

Another thing, where is it that you're having the problem, in Michigan or Virginia?

5. grazzzy

grazzzy Junior Member

sounds like he moved to VA and that's where he's having the problem. i used to have similar trouble with suncom and it required reprogramming the phone. as i recall, though, i had to be in my home base area with them to get that done. and i think it only was a problem on incoming calls. that's one of the many reasons i switched to alltel.

6. rpadget

rpadget New Member

I have been living in Virginia for one year and have never had any problems with my phone until about 3 days ago. I met a women from Traverse City MI at the Alltel store down here and she is having similiar problems. Hopefully It will be fixed soon!!!! Thanks for all of your replies.

7. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    No service as in no "bars" or no service as in you have signal but your calls do not go out or come in correctly.

I believe sometimes certain call centers (where the number is routed to first before the network finds your phone) can become overloaded or have damage or upgrades going on. I notice when I used to call my fiance's number which was a 906 area code for the UP it would often go to voicemail right away or not go through because of capacity issues at the call center or maybe the switch. It's possible your area code's center or switch is not running properly either because of capacity/upgrades/technical issue. This is all theory though.....usually making outgoing calls should be no problem when this happens....

I wouldn't expect customer service to be able to solve it right away because it seems to be a very unique situation. You want to make sure you are actually talking to a tech and not just a cs rep.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. zdoyle35

zdoyle35 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Pearl
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T (work),Alltel(personal)
    how often do you turn your phone off it is alot like a PC once an day for 10 seconds (enough to reboot) should hopefully make a positive difference