Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Anyone having troubles w/ T-Mobile Alerts?

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by seabass2781, Aug 11, 2008.

1. seabass2781

seabass2781 New Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 2008
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Not sure how many people make use of these, but I seem to be having issues just getting to the site to update my scheduled text message alerts. The ones that I currently have setup get sent to my phone, no problem, but when I try to get the "Alerts" screen on my.t-mobile.com (logging in and using anything else on the site hasn't been a problem), it just refreshes back to the My T-Mobile homepage. Same thing when I try to access the "Alerts" screen on my phone.

I've never experienced this problem before. I've been using scheduled alerts for years, and I've always been able to access the Alerts page without any issues.

Anyone else running into this?

2. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    G1v1.5, Dash, Touch Pro 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    I was running into issues with this with a few customers yesterday, I never saw any network issues known with my tmobile though it is obviously an issue just haven't been able to nail it down quite yet. Try again tomorrow.

3. seabass2781

seabass2781 New Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 2008
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Hmm. Still having issues with the site. Same thing - I click on alerts and then it just takes me back to the home screen. I've been trying it periodically throughout the last couple of days. No dice.

4. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    My tmobile has been having issues for the last two weeks intermittently, but steady. Currently at work we are showing all issues resolved, if you call in we may have to do a trouble ticket on your mytmobile log in for you.

5. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    UPDATE: I had a lot of time between calls this evening so I started thinking of your issue with the alerts. I can get into mytmobile and manage my alerts and I did a history search though our known issues whether their closed or open, and I did find an open ticket from 06/30/08 that is still on going that describes the problem you're having so I am not sure if a help desk ticket or trouble ticket for your issue would help. Last update on this ticket was 07/21/08 and just says intermittent issues still ongoing at this time (07/21/08) there is not an ETR or estimated time of resolution.

6. seabass2781

seabass2781 New Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 2008
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Thanks for the update. This is not a huge priority for me, so I haven't even tried calling in to Customer Service yet. I'll continue to wait, I'm sure this will be resolved eventually.

7. RandomNumberGen

RandomNumberGen New Member

I’ve had this issue for months. Calling insessently; speaking to the supervisor; asking for a district manager’s email address; demanding follow ups to no avail. This issue is most certainly a sidekick III issue.

Back story: SidekickIII bought. Alerts set up via SK browser. 1 year passes and I no longer want the alerts. That moment was over a year and a half ago (today = 09/24/08).

Trouble ticket after trouble ticket have been filed; follow ups never happened because the tickets were closed without resolution.

Attempting to end the Alerts: Via SKIII’s browser, the link followed from myT... gave the same page; it refreshed instead of followed. Later on, the same situation via PC/iNet. Refresh of any page would occure. No matter where you were in the myT... website, clicking on Alerts refreshed that page alone.

SKIII Specific. I hate Tm... as I hate Hell. With all my being. But, I am a) strapped for cash, b) living in an area with zero service, c) cannot justify a land line or d) plan lazy.

Oh, Right, SKIII specific: Called SKIII support to disassociate device from my account, cancelled SKIII data plan. Now Alerts link goes to the equivalent of a 404 Not Found with a polite message asking that I use the back button on my browser. This message does not account for the fact that it is in a pop-up window, caused by having clicked the Alerts link, and thus ‘back’ cannot be pressed and the message does not apply.

That message was as worthless as the SK, to that I swear.

I’d also like to say that this is my first Forum post and I thank anyone who took the time and had the patience to read this far into my rant. I sincerely mean that.

-=RNG

8. RandomNumberGen

Oh, hah-hah-hah. How's that for irony?

After all this time...

Even after trying a few times, with no luck, to end my Alerts after having discontinued my SKIII service, the Alerts link functioned. And my issue resolved.

Just like that.

I do feel silly, though. That first ever forum post was written with passion and vigor.

I'll leave it up though. Let it be a lesson to all! If you think something is the cause of your problem, you are correct: trust your gut instinct and follow through, leaving no one but yourself responsible for desires!

I knew it was the .... gah!

-=RNG

...and I kept getting those darned texts every ... hoping they'd go away ... Gah!

9. KatanaTN

KatanaTN New Member

My Phone:
    T-Mobile Sidekick 2008
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Previous: Sprint, Nextel, Verizon)
    Any update on the T-Mobile Alerts? Was going through the TMO website, download catalog, etc over the last few days to see what all is available for the SK08. Alerts looked like something nice to have, but when I click on the link to set them up, it never goes anywhere. Just refreshed the page. Tried it both on the SK and on my PC. Is there an alternate address to get into those settings?

10. RandomNumberGen

remove you sidekick or phone specific services (the one specific to internet, data, and text messaging).

Wait an hr or so.

Please respond if it works for you.