Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Anyone having problems using Modtones w/ vx6000

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by boxermansr, Jul 10, 2003.

1. boxermansr

boxermansr Member

My Phone:
    HTC Diamond
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SprintPCS
    Has anyone been having problems using modtones with the 6000? I got mine today, and decided to download modtones tonight. First off, it took several tries and a total of about 28 minutes (it kept timing out I guess), then finally the last time around, it took about 5 minutes, and finally downloaded.

I get it installed, and goto "new arrivals" I click on it and "Internal Server Error" pops up. It takes me back to the opening screen of modtones. I go to the "browse categories" section. I choose the first one available (I don't recall what it was), and it pops up "Internal Server Error". Once again back to the main screen. I load it up again, and goto "browse categories" and "voice ringers" -- wait a few seconds and boom, "Internal Server Erorr"

I fire it up again and choose "search ringtones" i search by the name of the ringtone I want, and it finds it. I preview it fine. Then I tell it to download and it hangs for awhile, then says at the bottom "Network erorr" I click ok, but I guess it had it saved, because it prompted me if I wanted to set it as my ringer -- I did set it, and it worked fine. This is the only way I am/was able to get a ringtone, as searching the categories doesnt work.

I was having a similar error a few weeks ago with my Samsung a530, except with that phone it kept telling me "APPLICATION ERROR - Memory Access" -- I'd called Verizon and they told me the phone was bad and to return it, which I did, came home w/ the new one, and tried modtones and it did the same thing. A few days later I got a call from Tech support and the gentleman told me he was having the same problem over the weekend (this was about 3 weeks ago). He said since then though he could not make it do it again, to show the other technicians.

Bottom line.. I don't think the phone is defective (do any of you?). I think something is wrong w/ the network in my area, and Verizon just doesn't want to admit it. It's no big deal, because a few days later, my samsung was working fine w/ modtones, I'm assuming the same will (at least I hope) hold true w/ the 6000.

Has anyone experienced this problem at all? With any LG handset, or any other? Maybe it's a network wide issue, that verizon doesnt know about, or doesnt want to admit to?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    yes enigami, i had same problem with vx4400 and vx6000 and then next day it works fine, i agree with you i think vz needs to work out their bugs.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    IS THAT 2PAC?

5. boxermansr

boxermansr Member

My Phone:
    HTC Diamond
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SprintPCS

Will that work if you haven't subscribed to their picture messaging package? I didn't sign up for it yet, as I was waiting for my wife to get her phone next week, so I actually have someone to send pics too instead of nobody right now..

6. boxermansr

boxermansr Member

My Phone:
    HTC Diamond
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SprintPCS
    I've tried this with wallpapers, and it keeps giving me the URL to goto vzwpix whatever .com. I signed up for the pic message promo and it was my understanding that the pic should just pop up on the phone, is this not correct? Can someone help me?