Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Anyone have any BlackBerry issues recently?!?

Discussion in 'Blackberry Phones' started by CRC, Apr 14, 2011.

1. CRC

CRC Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    About 3 weeks ago while doing a weekly back-up to my PC, I got notice that OS6 was available for my Bold-9700. Installed it, and for about a week, no problems. But then started having issues when attempting to enter some websites it would crash or back-out of the web page. A rep and friend at T-Mobile said it's probably due to having half the RAM of the 9780, or what should be in there...but despite that, it was working well.

Then decided to put in a chat app called "Ping Chat!" so that I could chat with old friends from BBM who went to other phones, etc. Worked OK for me and another friend with a BB, but it did cause battery drain for all, so we all abandoned it and deleted the program.

It was shortly after at the beginning of this week that not only was I having more crashing incidents with web pages, but for 2-days I would start with full battery in the AM, and by 3pm it was totally drained...gone. Phone shut down.

So my TM friend suggested doing a security wipe and a re-load. So far, that seemed to do the trick...even with putting OS6 back in. (I deleted the OS5 back-up from my computer! :redface:) The phone has been working fine, so I assumed it had something to do with OS6 or Ping Chat.

But here's the strange thing, my co-worker at work who has a BB w/Sprint had the same battery drain issue...and on the same days I did! She sits kitty-corner across from me. Also, a friend tried to text me during this battery drain time, and her texts didn't come through. She assumed I was ignoring or mad at her!

So I'm thinking it's more than a software issue, but maybe a BB server issue? Anyone else here in WA-land with BB's experience anything like this? Just curious. :headscrat :help:

Thanks!
    Chris

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. josephd

josephd Tomorrow is another day.

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    White iPhone 5C 16GB
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    What is strange Chris, is maybe Pingchat had something to do with the issues you were having or it was OS6, BB server,or a fluke.
    Because my phone was fine until you e-mailed me in the begining of your issue, then I got the white screen of death several times, where I had to do a warranty exchange.
    That's why I am a bit reluctant to put third party apps on my phone, and in some cases it may be the phone itself.
    Take Weather Bug for example, I know some who use it with no problems. Yet I had to uninstall it because it was draining my battery to the point where it would not make the day.
    And IMHO, I don't necessarily believe the RAM theory. Why would the phone work fine for a week then start giving you problems? You would think it would start acting up a lot sooner if there was not enough RAM.
    And on the subject of texting with no response, I texted you twice today. Did you get them? Or are you still not getting your texts? ;)
    Good luck Chris! :)

3. CRC

CRC Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Hey Joe...not sure it was totally Ping Chat, for my co-worker didn't have it on her BB, and she still had the battery drain issue. Guess that's why I am putting this out there to see if others are having the same issue.

I kinda agree about the RAM issue...why would BB offer it to me if they felt my phone couldn't handle it?

And yes Joe, I got your text's. It's been very busy at work lately so I haven't had much of a chance to respond back to anyone!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. josephd

My Phone:
    White iPhone 5C 16GB
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Just checking since you said you were having texting issues. I agree about Pingchat, once uninstalled the battery issue cleared up.

5. CRC

CRC Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Thanks Joe! Another thing I forgot to mention is that my phone was doing a lot of going into small case edge & gprs...like I got cut off from 3G & EDGE.

6. josephd

My Phone:
    White iPhone 5C 16GB
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Now that you mention that, I was also bouncing back and forth between 1X and 3G. That was a couple of days ago, so far everything seems fine.