Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Anyone have an AX245?

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by nm-native, Apr 23, 2007.

1. nm-native

nm-native New Member

My husband has an LG AX245 (Alltel network) and has been having some problems with it. It will just "turn off" for no apparent reason. I have heard issues about "freezing", but I don't think this is the case, as he doesn't have to remove the battery, he just has to turn it back on. It will do it with a full charge, in an area where he has a good signal (I asked him if it was doing it as a "power save" function, and it isn't). We ordered the phones last week when we switched from Sprint to Alltel. I ordered them online, so now I am having problems with the customer service at the retail locations... The location we went to today to see about switching it told us that because we had ordered it online (although it was at www.alltel.com), that we would have to send it back to them, there was no way we could exchange it in the store... Aaarrrrgggg! So, since he will be without a phone for a week (time it takes to get the phone back to Alltel and for a new one to be sent out) I want to make sure that it is just HIS phone and not a problem that others experience with the AX 245 as well. If so, he is thinking about the Nokia 2865i, although he really likes some of the features of the AX245.
    I contacted customer service with Alltel and told them that when I purchased the plan and phones through alltel.com I would expect the same level of customer service from an authorized retail location. I would expect to be treated this way if I had bought the phone from EBay or Joe's Phone Emporium, or whatever. The customer serv. rep kind of blew me off, until I made it very clear we NEVER had this problem with the customer service at Sprint, and after a week of dealing with roaming issues and now the phone issue, they (Sprint) were looking better and better (then asked when we had to cancel the contract - which she didn't like).

But, I would like to get some inpur about this phone, before we send it back (so that we do not have the same problem with the next one).

Thanks.

2. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    Since I don't know of anybody that normally posts here that uses an ax245 I'll go ahead and say that I know 1 person that has it and has never mentioned those problems. Chances are that you just got a bad phone out of the LG factory.

The Alltel retail locations and website should work closer together. The problem arises because Alltel's website is not actually run by Alltel, it is outsourced to and managed by Inphonic. So it's a completely different entity like if you had bought from Wal-Mart. That is merely the reason that I'm presenting, although I do agree with you that the right leg should work together with the left leg or you'll always trip over your own feet. ... :biggrin: I hope that analogy made sense. But when it comes time for Alltel to distribute commission $$$, the "legs" (different Alltel seller entities) have chosen not to work together. It would be the same thing if you had bought from Wal-Mart, you would have to exchange the phone at Wal-Mart. In this situation, the same would be true for all cellular providers. But after you're a customer, and you're no longer in the trial period, then you deal only with Alltel. Such as if your phone tears up and you need to do a warranty exchange.

Why don't you go to the retail store and play around with a 2865i to see how you like it? The phone works a little different than LGs or Motos and some people like the format and some don't. But it is different and the store will let you play around with any phone just as they would any potential customer. If he prefers a 2865i, that has always seemed like a very good overall model. But I don't think that the ax245 problems you are experiencing are widespread if he prefers that model.

3. foufymaus

foufymaus Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG Glimmer
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    i bought a aX245 for my mom and she's having a blast with it, so far its a pretty reliable phone. We haven't had any problems with it yet.

4. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    The 2865i is nice solid basic phone. Probably overall better quality then most LGs. I think your husband would like that phone especially since if I remember right from the other posts he liked those in the first place. The only knock on that nokia is that the keypad numbers are a bit small. But if you have big hands like myself that could be a problem. I believe Nokia has some solid "breaks" in between the buttons which solves that problem for the most part. The ear piece speaker clarity is very good in my opinion. Also the ringer and speaker is very loud. The phone itself gets good reception (don't let the fact that it only has a max of 4 "bars" worry you.) It's a very good solid basic phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...