Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

anyone faxing from 6340i?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by bradycreel, Jul 25, 2003.

1. bradycreel

bradycreel New Member

I know the phone has the feature, but I've been unable to do so. I have Cingular TDMA service in Houston.

2. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I use my 6340i as a modem for my pda and laptop PC. With this I can browse the web, email and fax ( the cell phone just replaces the land line). TDMA gets in at 300 bps and GSM at 9600bps. IR or direct cable

Get the Nokia Data cable (no knock offs---they don't work---the cable actually has electronics inside it) or use the IR link. Use the PC suite software (free on the Nokia website). It has directions on how to make the data cable or IR link.

I don't think you can fax directly from the phone...unless through a WAP web site

3. bradycreel

bradycreel New Member

I have the cable and can use the phone with my laptop for dial-up Internet. I can't get it to connect on a fax call, though. Any suggestions?

4. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I connect via cable or IR for email, internet, PC synching. I never tried the fax, but assumed that this should work also. Sorry if it sounded like I got this working. Reading the Nokia Software manual (PC suite) it seem like it is all there for faxing.

My guess it is a microsoft problem. I've never been able to figure out Outlook well enough to fax with a normal landline!

I don't think it is a TDMA/GSM issue, but you might check with Cingualr in your area if they support faxing.

But now you have perked my interest....let you know if I get it to work

5. cne

cne New Member

I can use the IR port for Dial Up internet access (AOL) and outgoing faxes. Have not figured out how to receive anything incoming yet.