Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Anyone else have Nokia 6225?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by mobileuser, May 26, 2004.

1. mobileuser

mobileuser New Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 6225
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I recently bought the 6225 despite the somewhat unfavorable reviews I've read. The only worrisome part for me are the complaints re battery life, though it might not matter for me since I'm not a heavy duty user (I dont care if the screen quality isn't great, I dont really care about the camera, and if I want a radio I'll turn on my stereo). Basically I wanted a great form factor phone with good reception, the $80 price was right. So if the battery life stinks I'll return it.

So far have noticed:
    -Reception & voice quality is great
    -One design flaw in my opinion: the screen saver comes on with nothing but the time displayed. If you've missed a call, it doesn't show it on the screen saver, so if you've walked away from where your phone is & wonder if you've missed any calls, you have to hit a button to wake up the phone to check. Both annoying & wasteful of battery life. So I set the screen saver onto its maximum delay so I can see the normal screen for as long as possible. ALso shut off the wallpaper to see if it helps battery life.

Anyone know any other suggestions to improve battery life?

2. Gideon H

Gideon H Quase Três Anos Com WA!

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    Try to shorten the backlight timer if you need the extra battery life. How long are you able to keep it on standby (curious)?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Junior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    If battery life is the only possible issue you see with the phone I would suggest you buy a spare battery on eBay. You can get a genuine Nokia battery for less than $10.

4. mobileuser

mobileuser New Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 6225
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    You can keep it in standby mode up to 60 minutes before the screen saver comes on.

BTW, does anyone know if its possible to turn off that little music that plays in the beginning when you power the phone on? Its a 5-second little song, annoying if you're somewhere where you're supposed to be quiet.

5. cburnett565

cburnett565 New Member

yes, you can turn off the annoying sound in the beginning, whenyour phone is booting up, I will have to check in my settings :O Can't remember how I did mine but if I mess with it, I will surely post again, but if you want to mess around with it......It is possible!

6. shbery

shbery New Member

yes yes please post how to do that!

7. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Junior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    I would guess if you can do it, it would be unde tone settings and start-up sounds or something along those lines.

8. mobileuser

mobileuser New Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 6225
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Did anyone ever figure out how to shut off that annoying music intro that comes on when you power on your Nokia 6225? Would really appreciate learning how to turn it off!!