Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Anybody want to see me Dance?

Discussion in 'The Roaming Zone' started by NYCDru, Dec 3, 2003.

1. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Verizon(former), ATT(former),
    As some of you may or mya not know, I am an amatuer competitive ballroom & latin dancer. I compete mostly on the North East colegiate cicuit. Alot off the competitions are held on college campuses near wer I am guessing some of you guys live.

This weekend (Saturday, December 6th to be exact) I will be competing at the Yale collegiate comp.

Location and Directions

The competition venue is the Lanman Center, a wing of the Payne Whitney Gym. Payne Whitney is located on Tower Parkway in Yale's Central Campus. The street address is 70 Tower Parkway, New Haven, CT, 06511. Information on Payne Whitney, including maps, can be found at here and here.

There are several Yale parking lots adjacent to Lanman Center/Payne Whitney. A list of Yale parking lots is available here. The adjacent lots are 77 (Ray Tompkins House Tower Pkwy), 78 (Ashmun St.), and 78W (Lake Place). Metered street parking is also available on the surrounding streets.

Directions to the Lanman Center/Payne Whitney:
    From I-91, get off on exit 3 (Trumbull St.) (If you are travelling on I-95, take exit 48 to get onto I-91). At end of the Trumbull St. exit deceleration ramp, there is a traffic light; get in the middle lane. Go straight through that traffic light and the next one. At the 3rd traffic light, take a left onto Temple St. (1 way). Follow Temple St. for 1 block, and take a right at the next light onto Grove St. (1 way), which eventually turns into Tower Parkway. The Lanman Center/Payne Whitney Gym is at the 3rd stoplight, on the right.

To reach Lot 78, turn right at the second light onto Ashmun St., before reaching the gym; the parking lot will be two blocks down on the left. Lots 77 and 78W are accessible by following the roads around the gym. Note that many of the streets surrounding the gym are 1-way, but traffic flows in a clockwise direction around the gym.

Feel free to come by and have fun.

2. ILUVSOCAL

ILUVSOCAL Banned

My Phone:
    Nokia 3600(me)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T(Me),Cingular(Me,Mom),Edge Wireless(Dad)
    If you'll pay for my train or plane fare, or gas from California, I'll come out and see ya dance [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Delta

Delta Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    You'll be dancin' if you come to Ohio in May!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Rumba, Mambo, and Cha Cha,..........do you moonwalk too?..........LoL.........break a leg[​IMG]

5. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Yeah...right.

Actualy I was suposed to go to the Ohio Star Ball a few weeks ago but i couldn't make it for money and time reasons.

6. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Yes, i moonwalk too[​IMG]...just not very well any more.

And Thanx.

7. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sad news.

Due to the snow storm Yale had to cancel. [​IMG]

My next competition is actualy probably one of the best dance evemnts in the country.

The Manhatan Ametuer Classic will be on the Columbia campus on January 17th from 8am to midnight. I will be dancing in the earlier part of the day.

The Night show is very similar to what you would see on A & E and PBS (back when they still showed ballroom dancing.)

The MAC is the ametuer north east qualifier for Nationals and being that half the national title holders live within 3 hours and compete every yearm the Night show is SOOOOO worth it.

Any how. Of to buy a vx 4400.

8. XprtCop

XprtCop =- Legend -=

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson i580
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I am the king of Lambada.
    Any pretty promiscuous females around here>?

9. Delta

Delta Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    In all actuality, as easy as it may be to poke fun (even if good-natured) at our dancing friend, I'd be willing to bet he gets more women because of it than any of us do.

I took dancing lessons with my girlfriend when we started dating a little over two years ago. Know what I learned??

A) I hate dancing, and..
    B) I suck at it!!

(But the chicks there dug it...and thats where it counts!!) [​IMG]

10. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I discovered that wonderful truth while at a school with a 4 to 1 guy to girl ratio. [​IMG]