Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Any T-Mobile Coverage Experiences in NC?

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by BradQue, Aug 26, 2011.

1. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    Is it me or is TMobile severely lacking coverage in some of the Carolinas, and, if it is spotty, are they doing anything to fix it?

Keeping this positive, I like TMobile enough in the Northern Virginia and DC Metro areas to consider myself a reasonably satisfied customer. The deal breaker though is going to be it's almost total lack of coverage in parts of the Carolinas, including I26 between Spartanburg and Columbia SC, and much of Eastern NC. Cell coverage near home is important but coverage when traveling is imperative.

Driving from Hwy 264 near Wilson NC, and taking either 58 to 258, or the newer I795/117 to I40, one quickly looses coverage. Passing a Verizon store on the way, while attempting to make a call on my TMobile phone (or my wife's), got me wondering if the $20 or so cheaper plans TMobile offers are worth the risk of not having cell coverage when I really need it.

Watching pedestrians in the little farm towns along the way walking along talking on their phones makes me wonder who their provider is when mine has no service..

When coverage is available, it tends to be spotty with numerous dropped calls being the norm.

Anyway, I am interested in learning if other's are experiencing this same issue and if there is hope on the horizon?

Thanks,

Brad

2. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    As a follow up to my previous post, does anyone know whether or not TMobile is doing any further build out to improve its service?

It seems like they have simply stopped making any enhancements to their network while Verizon continues to field it's LTE service in even more markets, many of which aren't confined simply to large metropolitan areas either.

Once again, returning from a trip that encompassed traveling through much of rural VA and Eastern NC, and having virtually no service for about 4 hours of that trip, I am concerned, while still hopeful, about TMobile's plans to improve it's really poor and not getting any better coverage.

If a TMobile customer hops in their car around Camp LeJeune NC and drives northward up Hwy 17 - 258 towards Tarboro and Scotland Neck - 35 at Woodland to I 95, and they needed to make a call, they had better hope they weren't too far into their trip.