Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Any Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by nicollemyspace, Jun 11, 2007.

1. nicollemyspace

nicollemyspace New Member

I've been with sprint since Oct, and to say the least I havnt been satisifed.

Sorry if this gets long, I just want to see what everyone suggests

I'm having HUGE problems with Razr V3ms refurbished phones. Heres what happend:

Got a new Red Razr V3m for free with a 2yr contract. I got the free incomming calls plan, unlimited txt, and nights starting at 7pm and the protection plan on my phone. All in all my monthly bill is around $80. Thats not the problem, at all!

2wks after getting my new phone it got wet and it died. I sent my broken one in, at a deposit cost of $50 and they sent me a refurbished one. Right off the bat I noticed a crack in one of the hindges and the phone lagged terribley, froze ALL the time so bad to the point where I had to turn my phone off and on, it dropped calls, and when I call someone the sound doesnt come in right away. The person on the other line usually says "Hello" 3times before I hear anything.

I brought the phone to a sprint store and showed them the crack and told them about my issues. I watched the store manager in horror pull/tug/and try to twist the screen to "test the crack" and he said the phone was fine. He then continued to tell me that the lag/freezing/dropped calls was normal. What?? :mad: He then told me to check the motorola web site for software updates.. there were not updates..at all

I leave the store 100% unsatified and I open my phone to make a call, and it falls apart in 3pieces...the crack gave out.

I return the next day and I said I want a NEW phone. THey said all they can give me is a refurished one at the price of $50 for a deposit AGAIN! I refused and told them to cancell my service and I would pay the cancellation fee. The manager then waived the $50 and sent in a for another refurbished phone.

A week later I get my phone. It has ALL the same PROBLEMS as my old one minus the crack.

So now, I've had enough. I'm not going to continue paying them money for a phone that doesnt work correctly..and they are going to tell me that its normal for a phone to act that way??

The sad thing is I dont want to give up my free incomming plan, I love it. It works perfectly for my lifestyle.

So I thought about calling sprint retentions..? Do u think I should give them a try or just cancel all together?? :confused: I would be satisifed if I could just get a NEW WORKING phone, at no cost to me. Thats all!

So the real question is, is that possible through retentions or will I be wasting my time? Or is there ANYTHING I can do to get my phone working properly??

Sorry how this got long... try to ignore the venting part of it.

2. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I would call retentions & explain to them what happened, and that you are fed up with the phone & lack of quality for the phone and want to cancel.

You may want to select a different phone though, since some Razr's have known software issues. I would have thought that they would have sent you one with no problems & with the upgraded software being a refirb'd.

3. Ellen

Ellen Guest

Does Sprint have the same "Three Strikes Rule" that Verizon has? With Verizon, if you have a problem with one of the RFU that you receive from them three times, they will give you the option of swapping your handset out for a different model next time.... The OP could take advantage of this, since the all of the FRU are not working out for her.

4. Fire14

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

I am not sure, it sounds like it's a Lemon Law for cell phones & they may be required to. Again I don't know if Sprint does have this rule.

5. ace41690

ace41690 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I have heard so many horror stories about people getting the refurbished phones. When i got a refurb phone because i broke my otherone, it was NOT the same model as my phone. That pissed me off. The volume rocker also didnt work. It is as if they just take the broken phones and put a label on them that says refurbished and thats it...

6. Ellen

Ellen Guest

For every horror story that you hear, there is always a good story as well. ;)
    I've received RFU's from Verizon as well as Cingular many times, and have never had a problem with any of them.

7. nicollemyspace

I dont know if its a problem with Sprint or Motorola...I mean its my 3rd Red Razr..SAME problems..

Its just convincing sprint that may be the problem..which is unfair. I paid for a working phone and thats what I should get.

8. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    If you got the first one wet and it died you're lucky they even gave you a refurb. Water damage is usually not covered I don't think.

9. nicollemyspace

Yes water damage IS covered. I pay $7 a month for a FULL serivce plan. It covers everything, even theft.

look it up

10. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

Ok well I didn't realize you had that. Makes sense now.

11. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    I would call *2, then when the system asks what you want, say "cancel."

When you have someone on the line, explain to them exactly what you have said here. Even tell them you are more than happy to pay the cancellation fee and take your business to a company that you feel will offer a decent product AND service. Ask them if they are willing to send you a different make/model of phone in exchange for your razr after all the troubles you have had.

Do not expect to get something fancier than the razr you have now, or if you do ask for a phone with more features, be willing to pay something for your "upgrade." Remember, Sprint didn't make the phone and Sprint doesn't handle the refurbs either, so you will need to be polite and not get too upset. Motorola (phone) and Asurion (insurance) are the two companies involved here. Explain your disappointment that a company like Sprint doesn't hold their business partners to a higher standard.

Hopefully that will get you the resolution you need. Remember though, if you say you are willing to pay the cancel fee, be ready to back up your words with action.

12. rytard

rytard Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8550 Chocolate (Red)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I have the VZW replacement plan and when i got my phone wet i took it in and walked out 5 minutes later with a new phone no refurb NEW so if you switch i would suggest VZ

13. Ellen

Ellen Guest

I have Verizon also, and they "do not" give out a new phone to their customers as replacements for physical damage.....If a customer were to bring in a phone of theirs that had gotten wet, the first thing Verizon would do is check to see whether or not the customer has insurance on the account. If the customer does have insurance on the account Verizon will either refer them to the insurance company, or offer them a $50.00 "RFU", and not a new phone. So in the OP case, the outcome would still be the same, even if she did have Verizon as her wireless carrier.

14. rytard

rytard Junior Member

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Well one of my good friends is a VZW Tech person so thats how i got away with it lol

15. Fire14

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

Then you shouldn't post something like your suggestion, since the average person would not have the same experience when walking into a store with a phone problem.

The normal is what mobileprincess stated as well as the OP.

16. rytard

rytard Junior Member

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    yes but my point is one of my friends who went to i different location has walked out wit a new phone everytime and doesnt know a person in the store so go figure lol