Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Any possibility on getting 7 phones on a family plan?

Discussion in 'AT&T Wireless Forum' started by TKR, Jun 1, 2008.

1. TKR

TKR Senior Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    there are 7 of us in the family, 4 phones now, but the younger ones are growing up andwill want a line soon.
    How hard is the 5 phone limit cap wih AT&T. any chance they would ever allow 7 lines? or will just have to kick the older ones out on their own plan when I get to that point? :^)

2. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    The only way for this is to get a small business account.

3. walkguru

walkguru Wireless Guru

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iphone 3gs 32black
    Wireless Provider(s):
    cingular,family plan w/4 lines
    Wirelessly posted (Walkguru's: Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.1.11328/308; U; en))

or you might get 2 family plans as others have done.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    yeah. it is possible to get lines separated into different plans on the same account..........i do this with sprint and we have two separate single plans on one account.

but is the 5 limit cap on plans or on accounts

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Ddeere2

Ddeere2 Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS 16Gb
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I know with Sprint the limit is 5 lines for the plan, but on the account, it really depends on your credit score how many lines you can actually have on the account. I would say keep yours and just open the other 3 on another plan but on the same account, I would assume you can do that.

6. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    that makes sense........and it might be different from carrier to carrier......and why would they prevent you from having a certain amount of lines on an account i can imagine maybe after 5 lines on family plans companies might start losing money on the Nights and Weekends and M2M

7. elmo01

elmo01 Senior Member

you can split into 2 family groups...one with 3 the other with 4... 5 is the max per family group

8. Ddeere2

Ddeere2 Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS 16Gb
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Your right about the M2M and Nights & Weekends, but I believe they limit the number of lines on a account because if you have to many and have a low credit rating, you will be a very big liability for the company. I would guess that if you have a good rating, they won't mind to much the # of lines since you won't be as much of a risk to not pay your bill. I would say still keep your current plan now, and just add everyone else to a new plan. That way you won't mess with any settings on it.

9. efparri

efparri Junior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 4S
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility
    They are losing at least $30.00 of potential revenue comparing a secondary line on a FalmilyTalk plan versus that as an individual line. I guess that $40.00 is the maximum that they want to lose before they require either a new individual line or another primary line on a FamilyTalk.