Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

NORTHEAST U.S. -- Any Other TMobile Sidekick 4G Owners Out There?

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by BradQue, Oct 5, 2011.

1. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    I am just wondering if anyone else besides my wife and myself have the SK 4G? I've not seen much comment about it, only 2 posted reviews on Phone Scoop (one being mine).

From my 5+ months experience, it's a petty good phone and TMobile's 4G (HSPA+) isn't bad where available. I've gotten up to 9+ MBPS in covered areas and even where I live, which is a fringe area, it exceeds 1 mbps.

2. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    G1v1.5, Dash, Touch Pro 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    most of the customers I speak to hate the device, but it should be pointed out that being in retention most of the customers I speak with hate everything at the point that they get to talk to me...lol. I know of three people personally who have it, one hates it the other two love it. Seems like a good device to me, I prefer the my touch 4g design.

3. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    I just noticed your response - thanks and sorry for the delay.

I don't hate the SK 4G. It's a pretty decent phone with a great keyboard - both myself and my wife have them.

Sometimes, we have to pull the battery for a reboot and often, it doesn't seem to track to the fastest tower when in a 4G area but it seems to work fine and does what I need it to do when I am in a coverage area.

My only concern has to do with the lack of coverage in parts of SE Virginia and Eastern North Carolina and what appears to be a stop to making significant network improvements.

Maybe this is a product of the planned merger or maybe TMo's parent company has simply cut them off.