Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Any other booklovers out there?

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by booklover, Jun 17, 2011.

1. booklover

booklover New Member

I came to your venerable site to ask for advice regarding a phone selection. I yearn for a phone that can read to me!
    Am needing to upgrade with Verizon and currently have the LGVX5400--with an extra charger and a Blue Ant speaker set up for the car. Don't use texting or data. Am looking for the minimal phone (re: phone cost and plan) which, however, will "read" books to me on its speakerphone. I'd rather not pay a monthly fee for data yet. Currently on my computer, I go to the gutenberg site, download a book into word, highlight the text, and enable the "speech" feature to have it automatically read outloud. It's not bad! I learned about Mobipocket today which is impressive, but I think since I like old books, accessing gutenberg or googlebooks would be sufficient for me.
    I'll attach a list of some of the phones I was looking at--and thanks if you have any experience to share or suggestions to make.
    BTW I am an Apple user because their products are so reliable, but I use Microsoft Windows using VMWare PC emulation on a MacBook to access our network at work. I would definitely get an iPhone if I didn't think it would cost too much to run.

Attached Files: