Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Any NEW VZW towers?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Jerro, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    Has anyone actually seen any new Verizon Wireless towers lately? Cingular has been boasting about build outs, while Verizon has been silent about new towers or raising their bars.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Just because Verizon hasn't put out too many press releases stating new towers doesn't mean they're not putting new towers up. In my area, for example, there have been quite a few new towers going up, and there was no press release for any of them.

Cingular's reputation, at this time, is not always the best, network wise, and by posting these press releases they're trying to show they're doing something. Verizon is turning up new towers every day, but they're not just putting out these huge press releases...don't be fooled.

3. Jerro

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    True, but Cingular is getting better here, although Verizon's own people here mention no new sites going on lately, only about plans and looking for places to build them. Note: I am on Verizon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #3 Jerro, Sep 29, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2005
  4. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Oh I know you are on Verizon. Verizon's own people often don't know about new sites going up- you have to talk to someone in the loop.

5. iGlenn

iGlenn Junior Member

A couple of new sites in Burlington County, NJ in the past few months. Within the past week one was turned on down near Atlantic City to help cover the AC Expressway, another one in Newark, DE to improve coverage for the U of DE, and the last was turned on somewhere along route 1 in Philadelphia. New sites are being turned on all the time just because you don't see the press releases doesn't mean things aren't happening.

6. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless Boosts Service at Wachovia Arena in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
    Wireless Customers Now Experience Clearer Reception While Attending Events at Popular Venue

Media Contact Info

Laura Merritt
    Laura.Merritt@VerizonWireless.com
    614-560-2605

DeAnna Halewski
    For Verizon Wireless
    DHalewski@sacunas-stoessel.com
    717-652-0100 x21

09/27/2005

WILKES-BARRE, PA — Verizon Wireless announced it has upgraded its in-building network coverage at the Wachovia Arena at Casey Plaza in Wilkes-Barre, enabling the many sports fans and concertgoers attending events there to enjoy enhanced wireless service. As a result, customers will experience fewer dropped calls and clearer reception while talking on their wireless handsets, handling data applications (such as TXT and Picture Messaging) or downloading games and ring tones with the company’s Get it Now® services.

“Whether Penguins or Pioneers fans, or just attending a concert, customers at the Wachovia Arena rely heavily on their wireless phones to keep in touch with friends and family,” said Roger Tang, president–Ohio/Pennsylvania Region, Verizon Wireless. “This network enhancement reflects our ongoing commitment to meet the growing needs of our customers and to provide them with the reliable, high quality service they expect from Verizon Wireless.”

Reliable service is fundamental to customer loyalty, and Verizon Wireless boasts the highest customer loyalty in the industry. During the second quarter of 2005, only 1.2 percent of its customers disconnected their service, which is well below the industry average.

“Our industry-leading customer retention is tied closely to the value we offer our customers,” Tang said. “Wireless consumers today understand that value is not defined by price alone. A major reason our customers choose Verizon Wireless and stay with us is because we offer the nation’s most reliable network.”

This recent improvement is part of Verizon Wireless’ continuous effort to increase capacity and enhance the quality of its wireless voice and data network in Pennsylvania and across the country. Since its inception in 2000, the company has consistently spent more than $4 billion annually—and more than $5 billion last year—to expand and improve its network nationwide. Approximately $250 million of this investment was spent in 2004 to stay ahead of the growing demand for Verizon Wireless products and services in Pennsylvania.

About Verizon Wireless
    Verizon Wireless owns and operates the nation’s most reliable wireless network, serving 47.4 million voice and data customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, N.J., Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To receive broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.

7. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
  8. Jerro

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    Good Info, And there are a few more. wish they would cover some that I have been reporting since 1989. In Delaware County, Montgomery County, Chester County,Merion Pa. Gwynedd Pa, Gladwyne Pa. Parts of Phila. Atlantic City.

9. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Where in Newark? Verizon did finally add to the closest tower toc campus in spring 2004, but it didn't help too much. I haven't seen panels go up anywhere else, but I could have missed it.

10. agentHibby

agentHibby Iowa Cellular Guru

My Phone:
    Nokia 6256i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Verizon seems to be press releases for the Northeast and not a whole lot of press releases for the rest of country unless it is something big like EV-DO or network in a new market.

11. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I think the most active carriers putting up towers in NJ are Cingular and T-Mobile right now. I've seen lots of new T-Mo and Cingular sites in my area in the last few months. I gotta get my camera ready! ;)

Verizon is probably not that active maybe because they don't need to. If their network is already great, why bother it?

12. MeatChicken

MeatChicken Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC ONE M9
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    I have to agree ...
    The new CING sites I have noticed recently are being put up in areas VZW already had better coverage, or even sometimes right on the existing tower VZW is located .... Such as the sites discussed recently, like the monopole in Lodi/Rt 80 exit 63, or the "Valley" area of RT 17 between Mayood/Rochelle Park. I was getting worried ... The last year or 2 of ATT seemed like almost all site construction was on hold .. & VZW was pulling Way ahead of ATT at that time .....
    I have also felt VZW did "Not" do as good a job at press releases ... The recent Paramus & Wallington sites, along with most others in the last year or so, .. have never gotten a release that I have seen .....

13. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I saw new antenna going onto a fairly new Sprint tower 2 weeks ago & got nosey & found out it belonged to Verizon, they have antenna across the GSP about 1000 Yds away already as well. Other then that, I haven't seen any new ones around here.

14. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless Expands Its Network In Chester County, Pennsylvania
    Investing to Stay Ahead of Growing Demand for Wireless Calling, Data Access

Media Contact Info

Sheldon Jones
    Sheldon.Jones@VerizonWireless.com
    215-638-5668 (office)
    215-219-8890 (mobile)

Carly Irwin
    215-790-4342

10/12/2005

WEST CHESTER, PA — In a continuing effort to provide the best wireless service for local residents in Chester County, Verizon Wireless, operator of the nation’s most reliable wireless network, has expanded its network with a new cell site. The new site increases coverage and capacity on the West Chester University campus and along Routes 100 and 322 in West Chester.

This network expansion is part of the company’s aggressive multi-billion dollar network investment each year (more than $1 billion every 90 days) to stay ahead of the growing demand for Verizon Wireless voice and data services. The company invested more than $5.5 billion in its wireless network last year as part of its commitment to offer customers the most reliable service in the nation, including BroadbandAccess, the nation’s fastest, widely available broadband wireless network, operating at average speeds between 400 kbps - 700 kbps. Wireless data services such as Picture Messaging, TXT Messaging, and the company’s exclusive V CAST service - the nation’s first wireless broadband service to bring TV and other multimedia services direct to customers’ wireless phones - are available through BroadbandAccess.

Strong demand for Verizon Wireless services continued during the second quarter of 2005 as the company added an industry record 1.9 million net new customers, and maintained its position as the nation’s wireless leader, setting an industry record for customer loyalty for the third consecutive quarter, as reported by the largest wireless providers.

The company’s ‘most reliable network’ claim is based on network studies performed by real-life test men and test women throughout the country who inspired the “can you hear me now” national advertising campaign. These engineers conduct more than 300,000 call attempts monthly on Verizon Wireless’ and other national carriers’ networks while traveling over 100,000 miles a month in specially equipped, company-owned test vehicles. If you are interested in setting up an interview or ride-along test drive with your local Verizon Wireless test man or woman, please contact Carly Irwin at 215-790-4342.

http://news.vzw.com/news/2005/10/pr2005-10-12.html