Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Any new Verizon phone's on the way...???

Discussion in 'All Other Brands of Wireless Phones' started by Rich, Mar 21, 2002.

1. Rich

Rich Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry® Style™ 9670 s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint- AT&t
    Yes, it has happened, my wireless needs have changed and I need something so I can roam all over Arizona. I had Verizon in the past (1 month ago) but I don't like any of their phone's, I'm willing to wait and price doesn't matter. I've ruled out Alltel their phone's suck too.

Oh yeah, I still plan to keep my Nextel phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Malial

Malial Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola v710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Unless you happen to be in an area where they have 1X available, I don't think there is that much coming out.

Everyone is focusing on producing 1X handsets now, that not many "good old fashioned" CDMA phones are being made right now.

Until the network catches up with technology, I bet we don't see too many new comers.

Now if you live in an area where they are providing 1X handsets, then there's all kinds of cool stuff coming...

3. Rich

Rich Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry® Style™ 9670 s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint- AT&t
    Thanks, I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Malial

Malial Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola v710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    But if you are looking to make a final 2G phone purchase with Verizon, the T300 and V60 are both excellent phones. And the prices have come down on them a lot.

5. BillRadio

BillRadio Wireless Consultant

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint
    Rich,
    If you truly need to roam "all over Arizona," there is only Verizon and Alltel. Go with AT&T and you will roam on Alltel, in analog. Go with Sprint or Qwest, you'll roam on either. Go with Cricket, Voicestream or Nextel and you won't roam.

Choose a cute phone = no coverage. Choose an Alltel or Verizon phone = coverage without roaming. Of course if your travels are limited to I-17 & I-10, then Sprint would work.

-Bill Radio

6. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    On Phone Scoop's website in the CTIA Wireless 2002 Gallery list of upcoming phones I noticed one with a Verizon logo on it. It's the LG VX4100 and it appears to be a Tri-Mode phone.

CTIA Wireless 2002 Gallery

7. Malial

Malial Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola v710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    the VX4100 is tri-mode, and it's 1X...has some other cool features too. GPS, BREW, USB...

Again the only problem is that it's 1X...I don't know that Verizon will release phones that are 1X in areas that don't have 1X networks up and running.

8. ejs43

ejs43 New Member

What carriers are "roaming partners" of Verizon in AZ where the Verizon America's Choice Plan allows no-charge service?? I'm trying to determine whether that plan provides enough Arizona coverage to purchase.

ejs43

9. Apoc

Apoc Senior Member

Z-800 - WAP 4.1 Web Browser
    - Color LCD Display
    - 300 Memory Locations
    - VibraCall
    - BREW Capable
    - 16 chord melody ringer
    Talk: 180 minutes (Standard LiIon Battery)
    Standby: 150 hours (Standard LiIon Battery)
    Includes: Standard Lithium Ion Battery
    Travel Charger
    Holster
    Data Cable
    Mobile Phone Manager CD ROM
    User Manual
    Dimensions: 3.6" H x 1.9" W x 1.1" D
    Weight: 4.24 oz

10. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Verizon will Launch the 1X phones in all markets..............because eventually all will be 1x compatible. Just to give you an idea what is coming out:

Few more months.........lol.maybee
    Sharp color phone/ flip phone
    The 2235 is neat looking

Spring!! The phone I am looking forward to..........the Audiovox Pocket PC phone.1x compatable!!!! It rocks

LG will be releasing a flip phone and a mini PDA Palm phone. I played with both of them and the little palm is cool. But it seems a little fragile though. But I was impressed. The Samsung Palm that Sprint has is coming to Verizon too. A couple of others are comeing out too............i just for got what they are and when they are being released................alot of testing going on right now with them all.

Did this help any???

11. Apoc

Apoc Senior Member

I cant wait*

12. zamboni77

zamboni77 Supreme CadGuru

My Phone:
    Droid Turbo BN
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon who else?
    The treo 755p was supposed to be released this week but I hear its back in testing. The treo 800w is rumored for september as is the HTC 6800. I know these aren't regular phones, but they are on verizon nonetheless.

13. hahaha wow. how did you find this? the last post was 5 years ago! ha!

14. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Whoa...what a blast from the past. Took me a second to realize that something was fishy about this thread. ;)

15. zamboni77

zamboni77 Supreme CadGuru

My Phone:
    Droid Turbo BN
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon who else?

Yeah for some reason it popped up at the bottom of my browser, so I thought I would answer the question....just in case they were still wondering when the phones were coming out:D